Ironically I didn't look until yesterday to see what this week's theme was for linking. Usually I am unprepared and have been winging it since summer started, but this week... I am ready, prepared, unexpectantly!
I am still working on our mini vacation photos from our trip to Duluth last week. I honestly didn't think we would get any family shots because people are either A: too intimidated by the big camera, or B: attempt the shot, but it's not usually usable quality. I think if I would just "get over it," and turn the camera to auto setting for people we might have more luck. I have owned the camera for almost a year now and I haven't shot a single shot on auto.
With that all said...We got managed a few family keepers from our beach day. We have Grandma McKee to thank for these.
I am still working on our mini vacation photos from our trip to Duluth last week. I honestly didn't think we would get any family shots because people are either A: too intimidated by the big camera, or B: attempt the shot, but it's not usually usable quality. I think if I would just "get over it," and turn the camera to auto setting for people we might have more luck. I have owned the camera for almost a year now and I haven't shot a single shot on auto.
With that all said...We got managed a few family keepers from our beach day. We have Grandma McKee to thank for these.
The last photo blurry, but the capture is too fun not to share!








I love the last photo! So glad you got these!
ReplyDeleteThese are great, especially the last one.
ReplyDeleteI had the same problem as you - I used a photo from our family reunion last week. They wanted a group shot using my camera, but afraid the person taking it would have no clue how to handle manual settings, I switched to auto. Results were less than stellar but it is what it is!!
Such fun beach shots! :)
ReplyDeleteadorable.
ReplyDeleteyou know what? i was just telling my boyfriend how annoying it was that i see all these people with dlsr and they are using it on auto! i mean, like.... why? why in the world would you waste your camera? why don't you just get a point n shoot? i am so glad you can relate. i don't do auto either.
Perfect family shots!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun family pics. So cute! The last one was a fun capture. I'm glad you shared.
ReplyDeleteI go half and half with the auto. Not for myself but if I hand my camera over to someone to take the picture. It depends on the lighting of the situation. Sometimes it's easier to switch it to auto. Sometimes people totally get intimidated.