The weather was a scorching 100 degrees as we pulled out of Winona to head up north 5 hrs to Duluth. We chose to do a mini vacation right in the middle of the second trimester of pregnancy since this is when most women feel at their prime of pregnancy. Your not too big or too exhausted or nauseous to be yourself and most of all you can chase after a 2 year old.
This was (is) perhaps Harrison's last vacation as "only child." We haven't decided what August has in store with pregnancy and financial changes I have with work, so we gave Harrison the all over the past four days. I sure hope this extra spoiling doesn't kick us in the butt now that we are settled back at home. Mentioning this being Harrison's last "solo" vacation, get ready for a series of vacation posts.
Get ready, get set, DAY ONE.
Thank goodness for the long holiday week. The local pool opened up at 10 am all week, so we jumped at the early opportunity to hop in the pool and wear out Harrison for the long drive. We left town by 1:00 PM, Harrison was asleep by 1:03... Apparently our strategy worked.
At just after 3:30 we stopped at the Veterans cemetery to visit Great-Grandpa Herold. Harrison loved the bell music that struck at 4PM.
At just about 6:00 we made it to our hotel, checked in and headed to dinner at what Harrison termed, "Apples" (Apple Bees). He was all smiles, Doug and I were thoroughly impressed with his car riding ability (which hasn't been anything to boast about since birth). But this happiness and smiles was short lived as it was followed by the worst dining experience EVER. If he wasn't trying to jump on the seat, he was climbing in the window sill, making loud obnoxious noises or just not eating more than two of his fries. Just when you think you passed a phase----WHAM it hits you like a brick. Doug ended up carrying Harrison out of "Apples" kicking and screaming as I finished paying the bill. I walked out hanging my head low as to not make eye contact with anyone near our table. If there would have been a microphone available I would have took a moment to apologize to everyone within 100 ft of our table. At this point, I was ready to pack the car back up and head back home, but instead we took the chance and headed down to Canal Park.
The weather was a sunny 85 degrees...perfect for skipping rocks, playing in the water fountains, watching the lift bridge, taking a walk on the board walk and sharing mini donuts. This all didn't go off without a hitch...Harrison was bound and determined to ride the 4 seater bikes and riding in the horse carriages (which we ended up doing later on in the trip). The night ended late with a bedtime past 11 PM.
to be continued...
This was (is) perhaps Harrison's last vacation as "only child." We haven't decided what August has in store with pregnancy and financial changes I have with work, so we gave Harrison the all over the past four days. I sure hope this extra spoiling doesn't kick us in the butt now that we are settled back at home. Mentioning this being Harrison's last "solo" vacation, get ready for a series of vacation posts.
Get ready, get set, DAY ONE.
Thank goodness for the long holiday week. The local pool opened up at 10 am all week, so we jumped at the early opportunity to hop in the pool and wear out Harrison for the long drive. We left town by 1:00 PM, Harrison was asleep by 1:03... Apparently our strategy worked.
At just after 3:30 we stopped at the Veterans cemetery to visit Great-Grandpa Herold. Harrison loved the bell music that struck at 4PM.
At just about 6:00 we made it to our hotel, checked in and headed to dinner at what Harrison termed, "Apples" (Apple Bees). He was all smiles, Doug and I were thoroughly impressed with his car riding ability (which hasn't been anything to boast about since birth). But this happiness and smiles was short lived as it was followed by the worst dining experience EVER. If he wasn't trying to jump on the seat, he was climbing in the window sill, making loud obnoxious noises or just not eating more than two of his fries. Just when you think you passed a phase----WHAM it hits you like a brick. Doug ended up carrying Harrison out of "Apples" kicking and screaming as I finished paying the bill. I walked out hanging my head low as to not make eye contact with anyone near our table. If there would have been a microphone available I would have took a moment to apologize to everyone within 100 ft of our table. At this point, I was ready to pack the car back up and head back home, but instead we took the chance and headed down to Canal Park.
The weather was a sunny 85 degrees...perfect for skipping rocks, playing in the water fountains, watching the lift bridge, taking a walk on the board walk and sharing mini donuts. This all didn't go off without a hitch...Harrison was bound and determined to ride the 4 seater bikes and riding in the horse carriages (which we ended up doing later on in the trip). The night ended late with a bedtime past 11 PM.
An evening view...
Showing off his muscles...
I maybe bias, but this shot may just be the cutest photo I've ever edited. LOVE.
The fountains...
Yep, same old kid test tasting the water...
Leaving you with this view...The first click of the camera of the start of this trip.
to be continued...
















No comments:
Post a Comment