6 Months PREGNANT! (2 days early)
An early post? Yes, this even is surprising me! Looking at the week a head...it's so busy I didn't want this post to go on the back burner, so here it is on the front burner.
I have been less than creative lately with myself (our family) for photo sessions since photography season is in FULL swing for the summer and the sooner than we want it to be fall. Feel free to check out my latest sessions on my FACEBOOK FAN PAGE (and even become a fan if you want too!) I have huge aspirations for putting together a new website/blog when I am on maternity leave. And if you have wondering where my creativity has gone---the sneak peeks posted FACEBOOK will tell you where my mind has been!
I have always told myself I would stop doing photography if I didn't have enough time to edit my own non-client sessions. As busy as I am right now, family comes first, this blog comes first...always has and always will. Harrison is the reason I picked up the camera and have spent the last 2.5 years learning how to use it. I feel like I have been given a gift to be able capture memories for other families.
As much as I love the camera and operating behind it, sometimes I have hand over it over, so I can be part of the memories.
I ALWAYS want to remember being pregnant. I feel like we were"cheated" with our pregnancy with Harrison. The closer I get to 29 week marker...the more I think about what happened and could have happened. To put it right out there on the table... I scared to death everyday Bee will be born before that 29 week point. I don't see 29 weeks as a success, but a milestone bigger than the ocean. At 24 weeks Bee would have a 17% chance of survival if he was born...at 25 weeks it's 39%. Every single day counts.
Today I decided to put on my faithful purple little dress on for 6 month bump photos...I was astounded it fit, not perfect, but I could breathe and move in it = good enough. I even got fancy pulling out the curling iron for the first time in a month (summer makes me lazy).
We drove to one of my favorite areas for photos and as soon as the car hit park rain started to fall... I said, "Seriously? And I was having a good hair day." After sitting in the car with my eyes glued to the radar on weather.com, Doug and I realized the rain wasn't going any where...Disappointment was cut short with Doug's motivation for me to just get out and do the photos. So here I am finding relief from rain under the tree. My good hair day was short lived.
This isn't the typical Bee Report photos, I'll grab some of those shots later this week...My needing to be a little more fun & creative need to be unleashed.
I hardly look pregnant if at all in these next ones....so if need a reminder scroll up, the bump is there! I am a pinterest-aholic, I admit it. Loved this idea so much I HAD to use it. What I love even better is he let me write on his belly with marker and WILLING laid down for these shots. Accomplishment.
size of baby: 20 weeks: banana, 21 weeks: pomegranate, 22weeks: papaya, 23 weeks: grapefruit, 24 weeks: cantaloupe. At 24 weeks Bee is 10.5-to-11.8-inch fetus weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week he is getting closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world.
cravings: M&MS every night before bed... Cheez-Its are pretty good too!
what I love: Being pregnant...even if it means wearing support hose at night for painful and the VERY unsightly veins in my legs.
what I am looking forward to most: Painting his room! I picked up the paint weeks ago, now it just needs to make it's way to on to the wall! I am also excited to help create some of the art work for the room.
worries: preterm labor, work hours--financial stand point for maternity leave and return to work based on the most recent cuts. Do I look for new employment on maternity leave? The upside to work worrying? My boss is resigning in September. :) Hopefully this will put an end to all of this worrying. I celebrated the news with fudge striped cookies.
what's different this time around: No Charlie horses yet, but not like I traded those cramps for anything better...A lot, a lot, a lot of back pain (not the worry pressure pain). Actually feeling less pressure (a relief). The heating pad has become my best friend. I also maybe the only person you know who is driving around with the heated seats on in the car with the air conditioning on high. I have to find relief when I can. I also developed the inability to sit on hard surfaces without it feeling like I just rode a bike non-stop for days and days. I read online that the cause of this pain is the bones in the pelvis and hips shifting, preparing for delivery. If there was ever a doubt that you were wondering if "things" go back to the way they were before you had a baby...Apparently they do, because these bones have done a TON of shifting preparing for Bee. I am also carrying a lot, a lot lower.
symptoms: back ache, unsightly varicose veins, bathroom breaks (I lost track of how many times a day I go---has to be more than dozen times a day), mild break out most recently, itchy belly.
maternity clothes: Yes, but I prefer athletic clothes (and they can be made to look stylish). I even have a one full panel pair of work shorts...and I was one to say I would never be caught wearing something like this. I have a new motto, "if it fits, wear it."
sleep: been sleeping overall better, not as many crazy hormonal dreams. Sleep could be better if we had a 2.5 year old that actually slept through the night more than 2 days a week! An on going/current struggle of ours.
belly: huge change...growing like a weed. No stretch marks yet (didn't have any with Harrison, I think these veins are payoff for the stretch marks) and lots of lotion.
movement: All the time...triple as active as my pregnancy was with Harrison. Usually more movement on the right side. I felt my first kick today over my belly button, but now tonight he is hanging out on my bladder. Apparently whatever I am feeding him keeps him going like the Energizer Bunny.
boy/girl: Boy! Harrison still thinks it's a girl!
milestone: More than half way through the second trimester!
comments from the general public: When are you due? Do you know what you are having? I officially look pregnant enough people are starting to treat me nicer...Those people holding the doors longer for me and giving me priority in line. Too bad this will be short lived!
best moment of the month: I tie between those belly shots of Harrison and I above and kick from Miles hard enough to startle me into a little jump.
A special thank you goes out to Doug for putting up with my photo pickiness. I am a hard critic. Thank you for these memories.
An early post? Yes, this even is surprising me! Looking at the week a head...it's so busy I didn't want this post to go on the back burner, so here it is on the front burner.
I have been less than creative lately with myself (our family) for photo sessions since photography season is in FULL swing for the summer and the sooner than we want it to be fall. Feel free to check out my latest sessions on my FACEBOOK FAN PAGE (and even become a fan if you want too!) I have huge aspirations for putting together a new website/blog when I am on maternity leave. And if you have wondering where my creativity has gone---the sneak peeks posted FACEBOOK will tell you where my mind has been!
I have always told myself I would stop doing photography if I didn't have enough time to edit my own non-client sessions. As busy as I am right now, family comes first, this blog comes first...always has and always will. Harrison is the reason I picked up the camera and have spent the last 2.5 years learning how to use it. I feel like I have been given a gift to be able capture memories for other families.
As much as I love the camera and operating behind it, sometimes I have hand over it over, so I can be part of the memories.
I ALWAYS want to remember being pregnant. I feel like we were"cheated" with our pregnancy with Harrison. The closer I get to 29 week marker...the more I think about what happened and could have happened. To put it right out there on the table... I scared to death everyday Bee will be born before that 29 week point. I don't see 29 weeks as a success, but a milestone bigger than the ocean. At 24 weeks Bee would have a 17% chance of survival if he was born...at 25 weeks it's 39%. Every single day counts.
Today I decided to put on my faithful purple little dress on for 6 month bump photos...I was astounded it fit, not perfect, but I could breathe and move in it = good enough. I even got fancy pulling out the curling iron for the first time in a month (summer makes me lazy).
We drove to one of my favorite areas for photos and as soon as the car hit park rain started to fall... I said, "Seriously? And I was having a good hair day." After sitting in the car with my eyes glued to the radar on weather.com, Doug and I realized the rain wasn't going any where...Disappointment was cut short with Doug's motivation for me to just get out and do the photos. So here I am finding relief from rain under the tree. My good hair day was short lived.
This isn't the typical Bee Report photos, I'll grab some of those shots later this week...My needing to be a little more fun & creative need to be unleashed.
I love these images...
These photos would fool you, but it's raining during all of these...
I hardly look pregnant if at all in these next ones....so if need a reminder scroll up, the bump is there! I am a pinterest-aholic, I admit it. Loved this idea so much I HAD to use it. What I love even better is he let me write on his belly with marker and WILLING laid down for these shots. Accomplishment.
Loving the silliness in this one :)
size of baby: 20 weeks: banana, 21 weeks: pomegranate, 22weeks: papaya, 23 weeks: grapefruit, 24 weeks: cantaloupe. At 24 weeks Bee is 10.5-to-11.8-inch fetus weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces and every week he is getting closer and closer to being ready to survive (and thrive!) in the outside world.
cravings: M&MS every night before bed... Cheez-Its are pretty good too!
what I love: Being pregnant...even if it means wearing support hose at night for painful and the VERY unsightly veins in my legs.
what I am looking forward to most: Painting his room! I picked up the paint weeks ago, now it just needs to make it's way to on to the wall! I am also excited to help create some of the art work for the room.
worries: preterm labor, work hours--financial stand point for maternity leave and return to work based on the most recent cuts. Do I look for new employment on maternity leave? The upside to work worrying? My boss is resigning in September. :) Hopefully this will put an end to all of this worrying. I celebrated the news with fudge striped cookies.
what's different this time around: No Charlie horses yet, but not like I traded those cramps for anything better...A lot, a lot, a lot of back pain (not the worry pressure pain). Actually feeling less pressure (a relief). The heating pad has become my best friend. I also maybe the only person you know who is driving around with the heated seats on in the car with the air conditioning on high. I have to find relief when I can. I also developed the inability to sit on hard surfaces without it feeling like I just rode a bike non-stop for days and days. I read online that the cause of this pain is the bones in the pelvis and hips shifting, preparing for delivery. If there was ever a doubt that you were wondering if "things" go back to the way they were before you had a baby...Apparently they do, because these bones have done a TON of shifting preparing for Bee. I am also carrying a lot, a lot lower.
symptoms: back ache, unsightly varicose veins, bathroom breaks (I lost track of how many times a day I go---has to be more than dozen times a day), mild break out most recently, itchy belly.
maternity clothes: Yes, but I prefer athletic clothes (and they can be made to look stylish). I even have a one full panel pair of work shorts...and I was one to say I would never be caught wearing something like this. I have a new motto, "if it fits, wear it."
sleep: been sleeping overall better, not as many crazy hormonal dreams. Sleep could be better if we had a 2.5 year old that actually slept through the night more than 2 days a week! An on going/current struggle of ours.
belly: huge change...growing like a weed. No stretch marks yet (didn't have any with Harrison, I think these veins are payoff for the stretch marks) and lots of lotion.
movement: All the time...triple as active as my pregnancy was with Harrison. Usually more movement on the right side. I felt my first kick today over my belly button, but now tonight he is hanging out on my bladder. Apparently whatever I am feeding him keeps him going like the Energizer Bunny.
boy/girl: Boy! Harrison still thinks it's a girl!
milestone: More than half way through the second trimester!
comments from the general public: When are you due? Do you know what you are having? I officially look pregnant enough people are starting to treat me nicer...Those people holding the doors longer for me and giving me priority in line. Too bad this will be short lived!
best moment of the month: I tie between those belly shots of Harrison and I above and kick from Miles hard enough to startle me into a little jump.
A special thank you goes out to Doug for putting up with my photo pickiness. I am a hard critic. Thank you for these memories.











love these photos. the ones w/ the writings on the belly are so adorable & cool idea!! :)
ReplyDeletethese are such awesome photos! love seeing your bump.
ReplyDelete