SLIDER

The IKEA Room

Sunday, July 15, 2012

We took a trip to IKEA a few weeks after we found out we were pregnant. Harrison walked (ran) around like crazy there, trying out every single bed, chair and table. Lucky enough we found a new bedroom set for Harrison in our trip there. I would have bought the bedroom set that day if we didn't have a 2 year old in tow.

A couple of weeks ago we decided it was the time for purchase, so back to IKEA Doug and I went. Harrison hung out with his Grandma and his cousins for the day back at home. The car was loaded, and loaded, and loaded. I was amazed everything fit in the car, I am glad to say I own a Toyota Highlander that can be converted to fit about anything. In our trip back up to IKEA we ended up finding bedding to update the current theme in the room which was "frogs." Now in addition to frogs is a little more nature with a bear, fox, hedge hog to name a few creatures. The current theme is based out of the book, "Hedge Hog Finds A Home."

The bed was put together just a few days after we brought it home. Harrison immediately was consumed with excitement. As soon as the bed had the final screw put in he was crawling all over it. I pointed to his "old bed" and said, "Well then who's bed is that if this new one's yours?" He said, "baby's." If you haven't check out the post below, you should. He now insists baby sleep with him every night.

Here is a quick glimpse into the room. I still want to get the details photographed and few more things  I need to bring in, but for now it's complete enough for me to share a peek.


Every 2 year old should have a fun room.

The "dirt" rug is from TARGET
The "grass" pillow is from TARGET
The bedding, bed, cabinets, end table and table & chairs are from IKEA
The lamp is from HOBBY LOBBY (a mere $13.84 steal of a deal)
The frog hamper is from TOYS R US
The frog piggy bank is from TARGET
The stuffed frog is from OLD NAVY/ the bear/dog are from IKEA
The wall hangings/wooden frogs are from CRANBERRY FEST CRAFT SALE


The room feels HUGE now, I can hardly believe the space. He now has more room for books, clothes and toys...Perhaps an excuse to do some shopping?


Really? Wake me up!!!! I can't believe this is all REALLY happening. In just a couple of weeks we hope to have Miles (Baby Bee's) room painted. Doug found a deal on the area rug for Miles room today, so I am settling for rectangle, not round and brown instead of orange...but none the less, I am excited. The only thing left to order for the room is a photo frame and letters for his name to go above the crib and possibly a valance window treatment.

On top of finishing the room, the kitchen pantry got a make-over as well as downstairs closet. We spent some time on the yard (trying to bring life back in to the fried grass and flowers) and I hosed off the porch and scrubbed off the dirt. Funny saying these are accomplishments... The to do list didn't get shorter, in fact it's longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger