SLIDER

23 Week (Baby Bee) Doctor Appt.

Monday, July 16, 2012

I am 23 weeks tomorrow. This pregnancy is starting to fly.

Today I met with the doctor for a regular appt. Doug usually comes with, but he had a meeting with the big boss at the district office, so I went alone.

My blood pressure checked in at 100/60 (which is perfect) and Bee's heart rate was 150 (also perfect). We talked some about the unsightly veins that are rapidly developing on my right leg. I had the same veins appear with Harrison's pregnancy in the left leg. However these veins were much less noticeable with his pregnancy and went away about a week after Harrison was born. I am not going to be as lucky this time. From the knee down on my right leg the veins have become painful and swollen (think of a giant looking bruise). At this point I don't have to worry about a blood clot and based on the location of the veins if a blood clot were to develop the clot wouldn't be likely to travel to my lungs or brain which is essential. There is nothing I can do to prevent the veins from continuing to form and continuing to swell other than were support stockings. Between the doctor and I, we don't feel that's really and option in the 100 degree weather we have been having. I have genetics to blame (thanks mom). Most likely I will have injections done to veins after delivery that don't return/disappear to their normal size.

My cervix was also checked at today's appt. I asked the doctor if it was normal to feel the baby move so low, it seems like he hasn't moved up and I still have pressure, but not unbearable. The doctor said, "it's normal to not feel the baby move as high as in the previous pregnancy and hears this a lot from second time mothers." "The reason for the lower movement is because the uterus was stretched the first pregnancy." I asked, "Is this why my pants don't fit?" He laughed and said, "yes, welcome to motherhood." I bought my first pair of maternity pants/bottoms EVER a couple of weeks ago. I like what my friend Jenna said after I made the purchase, "No one wins an award for not wearing maternity pants." Stretchy has never felt so good!

The exam went OK. Both sutures are still in place and the cervix is completely closed. The uterus is exactly were it should be (just above my belly button). So measurement wise, I am on with the due date.  The only concerning news, but not overly concerning is that Miles is in fact laying low. The doctors words, "Baby is REALLY low, I can feel baby, this is why you feel the pressure you have been feeling. This als explains my lower braxton hicks as the frequent bathroom breaks I am have. Sometimes bathroom breaks every half hour... Apparently Miles enjoys hanging out on the bladder.  This is also the reason my pants won't button. :)  So is this laying low stuff concerning? Not particularly unless I start bleeding or have regular contractions. I haven't been placed on any restrictions. However I am between 5-6 weeks from when Harrison was born, so more frequent appointments are needed. Instead of monthly I go back in 3 weeks and I will also take my glucose test (test for gestational diabetes) and have another physical exam. After this exam, appointments will be every two weeks until delivery. I will also have another ultra sound next month to check the cervix, fluid and Bee's overall growth and position.

So far so good. We keep praying everyday. Every week Bee has inside is one less week he would have in the NICU. I am scared, I am not going to lie, but I trust we are doing the best we can do and we trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger