SLIDER

Great Wolf Lodge (Wisconsin Dells)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I can't believe how much of difference it makes going from one to two years old. I am trying to put together in words just how awesome this last weekend was together as a playmate, mother and family of three.

Honestly I look at this kid some days and say, "Wow is this really my kid? He is so huge." I love his eagerness to try new things...and can't say enough about his temper and behavior in public. We can FINALLY go out to dinner again and not worry about him making a scene (well as often anymore) . He is getting to be such a good listener and honestly I love when other kids misbehave and cry around him, this is only because he looks at them with curiosity and then he glances at me for a little praise of "goodness," seeing that he is behaving. Damn I just love, love, love this little boy!

Over the weekend we spent the weekend at the Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells with the Raadt family who are co-workers and friends of ours. They have an adorable little boy Micah who has the longest curly eye lashes you have ever seen! Micah just turned one in January.

We stayed Friday and Saturday night and got home later on Sunday. For me...I turned the weekend vacation into a 5 day vacation from work. Doug took off Monday, so he had 4 weekend, but all in all Harrison beat us both in taking 6 days off of daycare.

I didn't realize how many photos I took on our weekend stay, but it was FAR, FAR more than I anticipated, imagine that. :)

Here are some photos from recapping our mini vacation. As for a BIG vacation, we are thinking of taking Harrison on his first cruise ship in a few months. But, I would love to buy a boat, so do we save up to buy that? Doug grew up on a lake and I grew up spending the summers at my grandparents home right on the river. We both have so many good memories of growing up with water, we would love to have Harrison experience a piece of us. I am SO indecisive about things sometimes... I am sure this is one of the many things and I am Doug loves about me.

Now, enough words---here are some (or a lot) of peeks from the weekend.




Yep, this kid still loves to taste water.






Splashing with Daddy
He went down these slides all by himself!




We added a little Mickey Mouse :)
Apparently someone had too much fun...
 Apparently both boys had too much fun... Kristi and I came back from riding a few water slides and found this. ADORABLE!








 We stopped back at Buffalo Phil's restaurant again this year and look who made an appearance.
For those that don't know Buffalo Phil's---food and drinks comes delivered to your table on trains like this. What two year wouldn't love this? Heck, I am 20 something and still get a thrill out of this.
 Love this next photo (bubbles)---I even included myself in the mirror.
 After dinner and before story time at the tower Harrison and I (and Mr. Bear) enjoyed a sweet treat from the sweet shop.


We also had fun outlet shopping. Harrison cruised around in a car stroller rental that had been abandoned by someone (yeah, saved us $5...nothing wrong with being thrifty, heck we are already at a outlet). I made my co-worker Amy happy and traded in my "mom purse" for a smaller grey/powdery blue Coach purse. Harrison ended up with some adorable green Nike's and of coarse a trip to Baby Gap.

Stay tuned for my favorite photo from the weekend that I will post on my Linked 52 post on Friday. The theme this week is "spirit."

I am also due for a 27 month Harrison update (can't believe in just two months he will already be 2.5 years old), for now I am going to curl up my man and watch, "The Big Year." Talk about the BIG YEAR we are already having...I have to say it again, we love this little boy, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you all had a blast!
    People always call his age "the terrible twos", I never had a problem with that age, I thought it was great. I didn't much care for 15, but that's a long ways away.
    Looking forward to Linked 52 on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He most certainly had a great time on this mini vacation! All smiles! Love that shot of him zonked out in daddy's arms. And the crocs are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amanda,

    I would save up and buy a boat. I know you and Doug have been on many cruises, but maybe Harrison would appreciate it more when he's older? Easier to just take the boat out whenever you want and go on a momemts notice. That's my opinion any way.

    Loving the blog and all the pictures you post! Keep up the great - inspirational - work!
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alakai is the well maintained hotel, suited best for families with kids under age of 10, situated on a very fine location in the Dells city nearly by all the visiting famous city attractives, like Kalahari Resort, Wilderness Resort & Tanger, Mt. Olympus Water park, Noah’s Ark Water Park. For more details just click http://www.facebook.com/RediscoverTheDells?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger