Turning 28 today started out with 2.5 year old kisses, sunny skies and this...
BOY!
and loving these 10 piggies!
I could look at these photos for hours. The one in the far left corner at the bottom Baby Bee has both arms behind the head, just relaxing. The 4D images were amazing, we didn't have these with Harrison. The still photos aren't the greatest because Bee was quite the wiggler, but in person, breathless.
Baby Bee's ultra sound was completely normal. I got a call from the clinic this afternoon with the results The heart rate was 132 and Bee weighs 8 oz. Our due date has been moved from November 13th to November 10th.
For those of you that have been following my Facebook updates, certainly you also know today we found out the gender of Bee and yes, Bee cooperated and yes, that will be shared in this post.
I am sure I will lose more than half of you and you quickly scroll down to our gender reveal, but make sure you scroll back up here when you get done.
My friend Jenna did our photo session today. She is the absolute greatest. Not knowing we would be welcoming Harrison so soon, she captured the last photos of our pregnancy just 4 hours before Harrison was born. Click HERE if you want a walk down memory lane.
Since then Jenna has captured several family sessions, and the most recent until today was our birth announcement in March.
A couple of weeks ago Jenna and I touched based on how we wanted to announce the gender of Baby Bee. I wanted balloons and to include something about Bee. The idea was brilliant, but I can't take full credit. Nope, this was a Pinterest find, but fit us and fit our family perfectly.
Somehow Jenna talked me (us) into waiting to find out the gender until we were out in front of the camera, so our true faces and happiness could be captured.
I (we) did it!!!!
How did we do it???
My friend Amanda is the most crafty person I know...and I take full advantage of her (wink, wink). Amanda put together two cards for me. One card said, "It's a Girl!" The other card said, "It's a Boy!" (the cards were adorable by the way, will post photos). The technicians needed to put the gender card in the envelope and seal it. Don't worry...Amanda knows me all to well, she put a liner in the envelope so I couldn't peek. The envelope was place in the glove box and we drove to the cities for our gender photo reveal session.
It was a LONG 2.5 + car ride... But believe it or not I still snuck in a 30 minute cat nap on the way up---only possible because I was up in the middle of the night filled with bursting excitement, numerous bathroom trips and anticipation.
When we got to Jenna's we handed her the envelope and we dumped her some 50 balloons and a giant box. Jenna filled the box and seal it. The with her near 3 year old and 8 month old, Doug and I and our 2.5 year ventured off to a beautiful location in Edin Prairie.
These images are just a peek at the before the reveal. (We don't know the gender yet).

Here is the surprise.....video from the reveal.
BOY!
We are so excited to welcome a BOY Miles Nelson in to our family. Boy or girl, didn't matter to us one bit. After our scare and near loss of baby Bee 7 weeks ago, to be where we are now is a miracle. Sometimes I feel as though we are hogging all the miracles at house. We are so blessed to have our sons Harrison and Miles.







Congrats to you 3! Having 2 boys in your house will surely keep you on your toes, trust me I know! Love the reveal idea too.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on a boy! Loved the reveal!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on another little miracle! Great reveal and I love how you knew some would scroll down...guilty. lol
ReplyDeleteYay...I knew it was a Miles!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see him.
Eeeek!!
Such a cute reveal!! :) Congrats on your second little man. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Boys are so wonderful. And you look BEAUTIFUL!!!
ReplyDelete