SLIDER

Linked 52: Temptation

Friday, May 25, 2012

Oh how I thought I would struggle on this week's theme, but a certain little boy made sure that wouldn't happen (well this week anyways).

I took Harrison to the beach for the first time of the year this last week. He loved it, absolutely loved it. I wish I would have lugged my giant camera around to catch all of his giggles and splashes.

I also had a busy week in the photography world, photographing three, 3 year olds last week. After photographing those kids... I thought to myself, "Why can't I photograph my own kid?" "I mean seriously what am I doing wrong?" After more than two months of not trying a single session, I was tempted to try again on Tuesday evening.

The session started out for linked 52: wanting to capture some temptation shots, because honestly after all these months of hiding from the camera I had practically given up on getting any framable photos.

Harrison loves water...I mean LOVES water! He loves to splash in it, throw rocks in it and worst of all he likes to drink any water (clean or not, yes I know it's gross). I gave him the choice between the water and bridge or the water and the sand, he chose the bridge. On our way to the water and the bridge I asked him, "Are you going to let Momma take your picture?" Silence.... Well I didn't know what to make of this because when I usually ask him that question his whines and says, "no." So, I guess silence was a OK thing?

Finally...we made it to the bridge. Are you still with me? I am awful wordy and I would apologize, but that's me. OK the bridge and water.


 This is a 2.5 year old's temptation...



To jump or not to jump...








He had a blast and a peek into his side smiles are probably some of my favorite photos of him. I can't believe how much he has changed, grown up to be such a handsome little man.


Unprompted he decided to get a little closer look at the water. He was dying to jump in... So I needed a diversion.






What parent is not tempted to bribe their children? I am firm believer in that when it comes to photos. If he would smile for Mommy we could go get Zesto Iceream....


Here we go...




Apparently it worked like a charm. Thank you Zesto twist cone.



The temptation for photos, the temptation of water and the temptation of bribery.


Do you need more temptation? Check out these other posts!

9 comments:

  1. Three great temptations! Love all your photos, especially the one of him on his stomach with his hand in the water and that great smiling one of him at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shots of him on his belly looking into the water. So adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is the most adorable blondie ever! So cute! Loved the ones of him reaching down to touch the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute series of pictures!! I say it was all worth it for ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these aren't from your big camera? they look awesome! great captures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean they are from my big camera---I just wish I could have captured some other shots the previous week with my camera when we were at the beach. I can be kind of confusing! :)

      Delete
  6. What a perfect day for a little one. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute! Love the first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are awesome photos of him! i thought for sure there would be a photo of him in the water. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger