SLIDER

Sand Box

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

For almost a month we have tried endlessly to get Harrison to sit in his sand box.



It took me building castle in the middle (just where he couldn't reach) and soon he was eagerly playing in the box. I think the our White Water beach trip over the weekend helped him overcome whatever fear he had.



But if you notice he is still wearing shoes... Turns out that many toddlers at Harrison's age don't like certain feelings. Harrison loves to run sand (and pea gravel) through his hands but can't stand the feeling on his feet. When I took him to the park last week and took off his shoes and he refused to walk the whole time we were there.



Look! Auntie Potter stopped by! Looks like she is having just as much fun as Harrison. There can never be enough giggles!
 We built castles...
 just for Harrison to knock them down!


 HELLO!
 Anybody in there?

We take every opportunity to soak up what fresh air and sun we can. This morning Harrison and I let daddy sleep in and we headed outside. Harrison rode his new motorcycle (which reminds me that I have yet to have got a picture of him on it), then we played ball and mowed and raked the lawn (all before 7:30 am). Just when we were picking up toys Harrison stopped dead in his tracks to watch a squirrel. Next thing I knew there was Whitney Dog side by side with Harrison, her too after the same squirrel. It's a wonder how much our children are a like....and pretty darn cute too I have to admit!

It was a fun night...I could get used to having a healthy child if this next stretch last. This time Harrison shared germs with me, so I am off to tuck myself in early tonight hoping that I have a voice to teach orientation in the morning.

Oh before I forget to mention...hopefully the blog will get a make over in the very near future because it's well overdue. The problem with the transition is hoping that I don't lose the blog entirely---scary thought! Maybe I will get around to it over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger