SLIDER

Being Sick Stinks!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Well...I had optimism, but I lost it now.


Harrison spent Thursday night crying...like the crying you can't ignore and just hope he goes back to sleep kind of crying, but know the loud stretching cry that says, "Mom and Dad, someone better come check on me."

Once the crying started Thursday night, it didn't stop but for brief minutes until 5:30 that morning in which we decided to just get up. Harrison ended up sleeping with me in bed until then, daddy ended up on the couch because Harrison squirms like a octopus in bed ensuring that no one will get any sleep.

Friday I had a dentist appt. so I dropped him off at daycare for a few hours and he did well there. In fact he napped just over two hours (since he didn't sleep the whole night before). However the crying returned with a vengeance at just after 12 am this morning, just like the night before. This time Harrison demanded to be held so we made our way down stairs to the couch where both of us slept very little until about 6:30 this morning.

The rest of this morning was followed by crabbiness which I put to not sleeping well for the past two days.

This afternoon Harrison went to grandma's so I could do some shopping (daddy was at the movies), but just as I went to drop him off at grandma's I noticed drainage from his left ear. This drainage is after a week of already been on the drops. This is the same ear he had an ear infection in for an entire month. So basically he was infection free for a period of 3-4 days until he got this upper respiratory infection which resulted in ear infection number 12.

I called daddy to let him know and he soon picked Harrison up to take him to urgent care where they confirm our suspicion. He is now on an antibiotic called Cefdinir (something he has never been on before) for the next 10 days.
We also placed a called to his ENT.

12 ear infections are too many especially in one year's time. Harrison is either going to become antibiotic resistant (which he is already to Amoxicillin) or going to suffer permanent hearing loss.

The doctor at urgent care suggested that Harrison's ear infections could be too bad to be just treated with tubes.

So the next step? We don't know.

So I will end this entry as

To be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger