It's been five LONG nights since Harrison has slept through the night. We aren't really sure what is going on. He doesn't just wake up once, but often 3-4 times. Doug and I have resorted to taking shifts and for a few hour stretches Harrison sleeps in bed with us...it's the only way any of us can get some sleep and some how function at work the next day.
We chalked up Friday, Saturday and Sunday to his double ear infection but Monday and Tuesday night have no explanation; the antibiotic should be doing it's job by now. However last night he ran a low grade fever of 99.5 which makes me think perhaps we aren't out of the woods yet.
Putting him to bed tonight is worst. He immediately starts to jump up and down in crib and then starts to scream. Maybe he is challenging our parenting skills? Testing us? Not sure. I hate to blame it on toddler hood when he still presents signs of sickness. His eating continues to be rocky (as it always is when he is sick, which is pretty much all the time now). He eats snacks good, but until he woofed down an entire Mac and Cheese Easy Mac tonight, he hadn't ate a full meal in several days.
Our plans for Memorial weekend maybe put on hold for now if things don't turn around in the next 24 hours. We had planned on Harrison making his first 4 + car ride to visit his Grandma and Grandpa McKee house near Duluth. Doug and I planned to leave at Harrison's bed time on Friday so that he would sleep the trip up there, but being that he isn't sleeping at night taht would probably be hectic (memorable) car ride there. We did place a call to his primary physician today to see if he would advise Harrison to be seen again. Harrison's ENT appt is scheduled for the morning of June 3rd and that date couldn't come soon enough.
I am hopeful that there are sunnier days a head.
I am pretty sure that children should be equipped with some type of manual. Really.... I don't think we have any idea what we are doing, but then again neither did our parents and Doug and I turned out okay...well for the most part anyways.
We chalked up Friday, Saturday and Sunday to his double ear infection but Monday and Tuesday night have no explanation; the antibiotic should be doing it's job by now. However last night he ran a low grade fever of 99.5 which makes me think perhaps we aren't out of the woods yet.
Putting him to bed tonight is worst. He immediately starts to jump up and down in crib and then starts to scream. Maybe he is challenging our parenting skills? Testing us? Not sure. I hate to blame it on toddler hood when he still presents signs of sickness. His eating continues to be rocky (as it always is when he is sick, which is pretty much all the time now). He eats snacks good, but until he woofed down an entire Mac and Cheese Easy Mac tonight, he hadn't ate a full meal in several days.
Our plans for Memorial weekend maybe put on hold for now if things don't turn around in the next 24 hours. We had planned on Harrison making his first 4 + car ride to visit his Grandma and Grandpa McKee house near Duluth. Doug and I planned to leave at Harrison's bed time on Friday so that he would sleep the trip up there, but being that he isn't sleeping at night taht would probably be hectic (memorable) car ride there. We did place a call to his primary physician today to see if he would advise Harrison to be seen again. Harrison's ENT appt is scheduled for the morning of June 3rd and that date couldn't come soon enough.
I am hopeful that there are sunnier days a head.
I am pretty sure that children should be equipped with some type of manual. Really.... I don't think we have any idea what we are doing, but then again neither did our parents and Doug and I turned out okay...well for the most part anyways.



No comments:
Post a Comment