We spent our Memorial weekend in Duluth. This was Harrison first trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa McKee. It's about a 5 hour car ride---and for those that say children travel well in cars? Ha! Far fetched! This why we hadn't made a trip up there in more than 18 months. We left at 8 PM on Friday so that Harrison would sleep most of the trip up there. The car ride went well to our relief.
On Saturday Doug and I ventured out to downtown Duluth while Harrison stayed backed with Grandma and Grandpa. We toured Glensheen Mansion, ate at Old Chicago where we toasted to a night out for ourselves and ate some amazing salad and pizza and lastly we made a stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (YUM).
Sunday was kind of a lazy day. Harrison slept into until 7:30----quite possibly one of the best parts of this trip. Since his last illness he hasn't slept through the night in 13 days---so even a ounce of extra sleep is welcomed with open arms!
After lunch on Sunday we headed outdoors...I envisioned a perfect photo opt for Harrison on our way to Glensheen Mansion the day before. On our way there we passed a dandelion haven---and I MEAN HAVEN! Next to food, this is one of Harrison's favorite things.
At first Harrison was a little hesitant of the tall grass in the fields, but it didn't take long for him to warm up. I LOVE these photos, absolutely love them! I am ordering a poster size print collage once I hit publish on this entry. Enjoy the bundle of pictures!
Dandelions are pretty spectacular!
Isn't that little orange butterfly a nice touch to the photo?
This next one is currently a Facebook profile photo. I don't plan on changing it for months! LOVE IT! Thank you daddy for capturing such a beautiful photo!
Kisses for daddy!
Picking flowers for Mommy?
Harrison loved the open highway---probably not one of our best parenting moments...
Grandma & Grandpa McKee
Kisses for Grandma!
Kisses for Grandpa!




































No comments:
Post a Comment