No one is a fan of public restrooms...right?
RIGHT!
Doug and I do our grocery shopping at Woodmans in LaCrosse, WI. This is where we have shopped for years. So last Thursday we were shopping as normal with Harrison in tow when...we smelt this awful smell, which didn't take us long to realize this awful smell was Harrison! That's right, POOP!
I scooped up Harrison and headed straight for the women's bathroom (because daddy couldn't take Harrison in to the mens bathroom because it doesn't have a changing table--makes sense right?) Anyways back to the story...
I opened up the changing table and laid Harrison down on it when I arrived in the restroom. Just then a little girl (about 6 or 7) comes to dry her hands with the hand dryer which happens to be located directly next to the baby changing station. And let me tell you, these hand dryers are no regular hand dryers...they are the turbo hand dryers that actually move your skin when you are drying your hands. Well...apparently this girl liked the hand dryer so much she continued to "dry" her hands for what seemed like hours! In the mean time I have Harrison screaming at the top of his lungs---kicking off the wipes, throwing himself around because he is absolutely terrified of this high powered hand dryer. Finally the girl leaves after what I said felt like hours...(Where was this little girl's parents anyhow)? Thank Goodness!
After calming Harrison down I start changing his diaper (and might I remind---poop included)---
WHEN...
A women gets done washing her hands and heads straight to the dryer (right next to Harrison) and starts to dry her hands. What is ironic about this? This lady just heard Harrison crying and she also heard me referencing to Harrison that the dryer makes that noise and everything will be ok... I wanted to say to this lady, "For God sake air dry your hands!" (And those who know me well enough, know I would). Did she not see this helpless baby freaking out here?
The story continues...
NOT SO! This lady too spends what seems like hours trying to dry her hands very much like the little girl...
The result? Harrison begins to scream at the top of his lungs, kicks everything out of his way (including the poop filled diaper)...as I a trying to clean him up.
The total diaper change took so long that Doug started to head towards the restroom questioning if everything is alright?
NO!!! EVERYTHING IS NOT ALRIGHT!
Public restrooms need:
1. More space---the space is too small when you can't fit a stroller and a baby in the same stall you are planning to use.
2. Paper towels! What happened to the good old days where you washed your hands and dried them on a paper towel?
I could go one and on, but the list is endless.... The moral of the story? Public Restrooms suck (period).
And if you are wondering...I don't EVER plan on changing another diaper at the grocery store. Enough is enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger



No comments:
Post a Comment