I. am. relieved.
Harrison had a follow up appointment today with with the optometrist that followed him through his NICU stay. Harrison no longer has a preemie eye condition called Retinopathy of Prematurity (which is abnormal growth of the blood vessels in an infant's eye). At this time Harrison's vision is developing normally as full term baby baby's would. Thanks to this clean bill of sight, he doesn't come back for an exam for one year.
Next Harrison moved on to audiology for a hearing test. As I mentioned in a previous post, Harrison's doctor expressed some concern with Harrison's lack of babbling (baby talking) and thought a factor in this lack of "talking" may be contributed to hearing loss. After the test today the audiologist doesn't have any concerns with Harrison's hearing. Thank goodness! I can sleep better tonight knowing this! I didn't have any doubt he could hear, but when you faced with the possibility of something not being ok...is a whole different story.
It's seems as though Harrison is just a quiet boy like daddy!
Speaking of sleep...Harrison is sleeping, Whitney Dog is sleeping, Kitties are sleeping, Daddy is sleeping---it's time for Mommy to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger



No comments:
Post a Comment