Can you believe it our sweet boy is 9 months old today? As every month goes by it seems like time is going faster and faster---like we are running on turbo speed now.
Harrison is changing overnight-literally. He goes to bed not being able to do something and the next morning he does it like a pro. This is so incredibly amazing to watch, and I myself am a little jealous of his ability to pick us things so fast. I am beginning to feel older and older and learning doesn't come as easy or as quick as it once did.
These days Harrison is all about chewing and drooling on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING he can get his little paws on. When we are outside his favorite thing is grabbing large clumps of grass and trying to show them in his mouth or the day we went to the beach and he grabbed sand and started shoveling it in. The poop after that wasn't great I have to admit. And...as far as drool, Harrison isn't shy about sharing it with anyone, in fact you are sure to wet a shower of drool when snuggle up with him. So...with all of this chewing and drooling you would think Harrison would have a mouth full of teeth or one at least? Nope, no teeth yet. Despite the fact he ran a low grade fever last week and a runny nose at daycare and has been as cranky as can be at home every night for more than a week. All I have to say, if it's this is really about about teeth, just come in already! We are ready to have our mellow baby back! In fact, just last night I dreamed he got 18 teeth overnight, CRAZY huh? That's what I thought.
The switch of Harrison to regular formula this month has been a challenge. The transition went well at first, but spiraled down hill from about day 4 of the switch. Since then we have tried several formulas, which have only caused him extreme gassiness and fussiness, that just two days ago we switched him back to his pre-term formula and he has been like a new baby since then. Keeping him on the higher calorie formula certainly isn't going to hurt him and we only have 3 more months of formula!
Puffs have been introduced this month. And if you don't know what puffs are they are basically cereal pieces that he get soggy fairly fast. Harrison didn't do well with these at first (gagging and spitting them out), but he seems to be getting in the swing of things now. We sometimes put him in his high chair and let him play around with them and see how many he can actually make in his his mouth. Needless to say his depth perception has a LOT of fine tuning to do.
Harrison loves his toys...but two favorite new "toys" really aren't toys at all. The Winona Daily News Paper has never been so good. Harrison is infatuated with ripping up, chewing on and crumpling the morning paper. It's pretty amusing for mom and dad to watch as well. And secondly, the remote control is pretty awesome in Harrison's eyes. I actually just gave him his very own remote (without the batteries) this morning. He just loves it!
BANG, BANG, BANG---this a noise you will certainly be able to hear coming from our house? How come? Harrison's newest found love? BANGING. The sippy cut doesn't stand a chance as well as any other toys. He bangs hard and loud. I am waiting for the day Harrison bangs himself on the head. I am positive he will be sporting a black and blue bump.
I talk alot about Harrison's likes, well, he defiantly has some dislikes. The worst is wiping his nose and it seems like it needs to be wiped all the time. You would think after all of this wiping he would just get used to it, right? Ha, funny. It seems as though it is the worst thing I could do to him every time I do it. Secondly, Harrison no longer finds it entertaining to have his face and hands wiped off after meals, in fact, he absolutely despises it. I usually end up handing him a wipe and letting him wipe his own mouth and hands before I finish the job and he ends up getting angry with me.
Over the past month Harrison has got a little more vocal. He likes to say MMMMM, MMMMM is for everything. And vocally, he isn't shy about letting your know he is uphappy, he has no problem expressing his boredom. With this said, Harrison is on the move ALL THE TIME. Though he is not crawling yet, this child rolls everywhere! It will be only a matter of time until he starts crawling everywhere. Then the real baby proofing will start. I am not looking forward to this...crawling yes, baby proofing no.
So, what monthly update would not be complete without talking about poop? I have saved the best for last, right? Harrison regularly poops in his Exersaucer. AND...Poop these days is STINKY! It could and does clear a room! I am quickly learning solid food has an impact on this horrendous smell. We are going though wipes left and right.
I will be sure to post more updates throughout Harrison's 9 month journey. Sorry there is no photo update with this post, this is on our agenda. Harrison has had a photo shoot vacation while I have been busy with taking photos of some beautiful girls, a charming young man and adorable brother and sister. Be sure to click on the link below to see those photos!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Winona-MN/Tiny-Miracles-by-Amanda-Kelley/133064563399243?v=photos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger



No comments:
Post a Comment