So I am pulling out a favorite photo taken on my last spring break of college. Actually I should clarify, this was my first spring break vacation in my 5 years of college. I usually spent the week pulling extra shifts at one of my 3 jobs (yeah I still don't know how I did it all).
Well, being it was last semester of college, I was bound and determined I was not going to spend it working. Instead Doug and I took a flight to Las Angeles California. We did some shopping on Rodeo Drive, walked the Holly Wood Walk of Fame, went to the Price as Right show (when Bob Parker was still hosting), spent some time driving in the mountains and walking the beautiful sandy beaches.
It was cooler than expected during our trip (maybe the 60s), but for Minnesotans in March, these temps were a dream.
The photo below was taking by us as we strolled along the beach one afternoon. It's one of my favorite photos of us. It's framed on my desk at work and I glance at it often. We are snuggled up with beach towels, have our shades on, wind blowing our hair in every direction, so imperfect, but perfect all at the same time.
I think what I love most about this photo, is that I see us as a couple, so young, so in love. Not that has changed, but with two busy work lives, 2 children, 4 pets, a mortgage, car payments and don't get me started on student loan payments you can easily see how a part of your life when it was just the two of you gets pushed to the side.
Well, being it was last semester of college, I was bound and determined I was not going to spend it working. Instead Doug and I took a flight to Las Angeles California. We did some shopping on Rodeo Drive, walked the Holly Wood Walk of Fame, went to the Price as Right show (when Bob Parker was still hosting), spent some time driving in the mountains and walking the beautiful sandy beaches.
It was cooler than expected during our trip (maybe the 60s), but for Minnesotans in March, these temps were a dream.
The photo below was taking by us as we strolled along the beach one afternoon. It's one of my favorite photos of us. It's framed on my desk at work and I glance at it often. We are snuggled up with beach towels, have our shades on, wind blowing our hair in every direction, so imperfect, but perfect all at the same time.
I think what I love most about this photo, is that I see us as a couple, so young, so in love. Not that has changed, but with two busy work lives, 2 children, 4 pets, a mortgage, car payments and don't get me started on student loan payments you can easily see how a part of your life when it was just the two of you gets pushed to the side.
Sometimes the wind blows in the direction that evokes a little memory...
Much love to my hubby! xoxo
Where does the wind take you?





Love it, you look so happy and carefree!
ReplyDeleteOh I love this photo! Reminds me of my young and in love days too. What a special time for you. So cute! (And can you put me on your link up list? I forgot to add my own name when I put out the master out list! Thanks!)
ReplyDelete. . . . bills. stories of most of our lives. i am doing my every best to avoid student loans. sometimes, i am so tempted. anyway... enough adult talking... love that photo. every time i look back at our early stage photos, i always cry.. no matter how many times i look at 'em. for sure, still so in love! :)
ReplyDelete