It was a double appointment day at Gundersen. Harrison had his 3 Year
Old Well Check and Miles had his 6 Week (2 Month Well Check) this morning. It was a miracle we (the two boys and I) arrived 10 minutes early considering the fact I am now at least 10 minutes late for everything and Miles had a sleep is optional kind of night last night (not to be repeated again tonight).
The 3 year check---Apparently the Santa video I made for him had an impact or he just really wanted to impress me...whatever it was, I'll take it and more of it. He got on the scale and got his height measured like a champ. I don't know how many times I've seen kids older than Harrison freak out at just this. We were lead to the room...I answered developmental questions as Harrison wrote on the white board and when he finished making his picture he said, "Look Momma, TA-DA, my picture!" I love his expressions and the things he just blurts out. Not to get off this posts topic but this reminded me of what he said out of the blue to me Wednesday as we walked around MOA. "I eat monkey's, they taste like bananas." Now, you can't say that didn't just make you smile! Ok...not only did he surpass my expectations with getting weighed and measured, he did everything the doctor asked to the T. He even left me, and went with the nurse to complete his hearing and vision test. Both of those tests are kind of hit or miss for age three. It was more of miss for Harrison. The nurse said he started out fine with the vision portion and then kind of fell off the band wagon and the same with hearing. They will re-screen these next year. We also found out Harrison's tubes in both ears have fallen out. He just had an ear infection two weeks ago and I told the doctor his ear drained as normal during an infection, but I did state the drainage was very intense and colorful (yeah just what you wanted to hear). The doctor said, the fluid from this most recent infection most likely pushed out the tube that was still in place. Lets hope the almost 2 years of tubes resolved the issues we faced earlier on.
Harrison was up for the flu vaccine and this year he did the flu mist. If words could describe the look on his face as they administered the vaccine and even the few minutes following was priceless. I couldn't believe how well he did, he just sat there without a fuss and let the nurse complete both sides. This was a jealous moment for me...You should have seen the fight he put up with getting the drops in his ear for an ear infection, you could have sworn I was killing the kid. He must really love me as they say kids show their true colors around their parents. That's a FACT.
Other than that, Harrison is healthy. He weighed in at 30lbs 2 oz (25%) and measured 3 feet 1 inch (25%). He is in perfect proportion, his doctor was very please. He will continue to take his inhalers and multivitamin and if all goes well he won't have to see the doctor until his 4 Year Well Check.
Harrison more than earned his Tootsie Roll Pop which he ate without making a peep during Miles exam. Miles made up for Harrison's angel like performance. He screamed during his whole appointment and after I was finally able to calm him down it was time for his vaccinations. He received the DTaP/IPV/HBV, pneumococcal and Hib vaccinations---two shots in one leg, one in another. Miles did the whole, I am not going to breathe during the injections. I blew some air in his mouth to get him to take a deep breath. He also had the rotavirus oral vaccine. The nurses said most babies don't like the oral rotavirus vaccine...Miles drank it straight from the tube. If there is anything that is potential food near his mouth he wants it. He takes his daily vitamin D drops like it's Thanksgiving dinner. Speaking in greater detail about food...He is still exclusively breast feeding. I am trying my best to keep up with his demands. He downed his first 4 oz bottle yesterday (at just 6 weeks). It seems like he is always hungry. I did buy a can a formula last week as I know he will eventually out eat me and I don't want to be without anything just in case. Right now I am pumping about a day a head, so I can freedom to leave or just have some ME time. All of this eating equal poundage. Miles tipped the scales at 8lbs 15.9 oz today, that couldn't be any closer to 9 lbs. He has gained almost 3 lbs in 6 weeks and measured 1.5 inches longer since birth (20 inches). Weight wise he is in the 5th percentile and height wise he is also in the 5th percentile.
The doctor asked how I thought Miles was doing. I think he is growing beautifully but in general he is not a happy baby. The doctor said a lot to do with fussiness at this age is just wanting to eat because he wants to grow and also not knowing what he wants. Also with breast feeding the lactose breaks down differently than in formula which causes more gas. This perfectly describes this little guy. hungry and full of air. The doctor said, a gassy baby is a healthy baby. Really? I plan on Googling this. He advised using gas drops. We have been using them occasionally, but beginning today I am going to use them at every single feeding. I am hoping for happier days a head.
Overall Miles looked great and requires no more weight checks. He will be seen again next at his 4 month appointment. As I made his appointment for February I realized I will be back to work a month by then...sadness sunk in. To be honest a lot is riding on our house selling...If our house sells a stay at home mom will be more of a reality than a spark a hope I hold on to. I need the space to expand my photography career. After the sale of our house we will be able to crunch numbers better and I can look into pre-school options for Harrison.
As an overall house update---we had some potential buyers come through Wednesday morning. The Realtor that showed the house left me a message with a few questions and she stated, "they really loved your home." I know it's still early in the selling game, but that was more than welcomed news. We haven't got an offer yet, the realtor was uncertain if the couple would be making an offer or not. Please whoever you are...make an offer. Thanks.
And I apologize for the photo-less post. I've been sick in bed most of the week, so the camera has been collecting dust. Maybe I will wake up tomorrow and FINALLY be on the road to recovery.
Old Well Check and Miles had his 6 Week (2 Month Well Check) this morning. It was a miracle we (the two boys and I) arrived 10 minutes early considering the fact I am now at least 10 minutes late for everything and Miles had a sleep is optional kind of night last night (not to be repeated again tonight).
The 3 year check---Apparently the Santa video I made for him had an impact or he just really wanted to impress me...whatever it was, I'll take it and more of it. He got on the scale and got his height measured like a champ. I don't know how many times I've seen kids older than Harrison freak out at just this. We were lead to the room...I answered developmental questions as Harrison wrote on the white board and when he finished making his picture he said, "Look Momma, TA-DA, my picture!" I love his expressions and the things he just blurts out. Not to get off this posts topic but this reminded me of what he said out of the blue to me Wednesday as we walked around MOA. "I eat monkey's, they taste like bananas." Now, you can't say that didn't just make you smile! Ok...not only did he surpass my expectations with getting weighed and measured, he did everything the doctor asked to the T. He even left me, and went with the nurse to complete his hearing and vision test. Both of those tests are kind of hit or miss for age three. It was more of miss for Harrison. The nurse said he started out fine with the vision portion and then kind of fell off the band wagon and the same with hearing. They will re-screen these next year. We also found out Harrison's tubes in both ears have fallen out. He just had an ear infection two weeks ago and I told the doctor his ear drained as normal during an infection, but I did state the drainage was very intense and colorful (yeah just what you wanted to hear). The doctor said, the fluid from this most recent infection most likely pushed out the tube that was still in place. Lets hope the almost 2 years of tubes resolved the issues we faced earlier on.
Harrison was up for the flu vaccine and this year he did the flu mist. If words could describe the look on his face as they administered the vaccine and even the few minutes following was priceless. I couldn't believe how well he did, he just sat there without a fuss and let the nurse complete both sides. This was a jealous moment for me...You should have seen the fight he put up with getting the drops in his ear for an ear infection, you could have sworn I was killing the kid. He must really love me as they say kids show their true colors around their parents. That's a FACT.
Other than that, Harrison is healthy. He weighed in at 30lbs 2 oz (25%) and measured 3 feet 1 inch (25%). He is in perfect proportion, his doctor was very please. He will continue to take his inhalers and multivitamin and if all goes well he won't have to see the doctor until his 4 Year Well Check.
Harrison more than earned his Tootsie Roll Pop which he ate without making a peep during Miles exam. Miles made up for Harrison's angel like performance. He screamed during his whole appointment and after I was finally able to calm him down it was time for his vaccinations. He received the DTaP/IPV/HBV, pneumococcal and Hib vaccinations---two shots in one leg, one in another. Miles did the whole, I am not going to breathe during the injections. I blew some air in his mouth to get him to take a deep breath. He also had the rotavirus oral vaccine. The nurses said most babies don't like the oral rotavirus vaccine...Miles drank it straight from the tube. If there is anything that is potential food near his mouth he wants it. He takes his daily vitamin D drops like it's Thanksgiving dinner. Speaking in greater detail about food...He is still exclusively breast feeding. I am trying my best to keep up with his demands. He downed his first 4 oz bottle yesterday (at just 6 weeks). It seems like he is always hungry. I did buy a can a formula last week as I know he will eventually out eat me and I don't want to be without anything just in case. Right now I am pumping about a day a head, so I can freedom to leave or just have some ME time. All of this eating equal poundage. Miles tipped the scales at 8lbs 15.9 oz today, that couldn't be any closer to 9 lbs. He has gained almost 3 lbs in 6 weeks and measured 1.5 inches longer since birth (20 inches). Weight wise he is in the 5th percentile and height wise he is also in the 5th percentile.
The doctor asked how I thought Miles was doing. I think he is growing beautifully but in general he is not a happy baby. The doctor said a lot to do with fussiness at this age is just wanting to eat because he wants to grow and also not knowing what he wants. Also with breast feeding the lactose breaks down differently than in formula which causes more gas. This perfectly describes this little guy. hungry and full of air. The doctor said, a gassy baby is a healthy baby. Really? I plan on Googling this. He advised using gas drops. We have been using them occasionally, but beginning today I am going to use them at every single feeding. I am hoping for happier days a head.
Overall Miles looked great and requires no more weight checks. He will be seen again next at his 4 month appointment. As I made his appointment for February I realized I will be back to work a month by then...sadness sunk in. To be honest a lot is riding on our house selling...If our house sells a stay at home mom will be more of a reality than a spark a hope I hold on to. I need the space to expand my photography career. After the sale of our house we will be able to crunch numbers better and I can look into pre-school options for Harrison.
As an overall house update---we had some potential buyers come through Wednesday morning. The Realtor that showed the house left me a message with a few questions and she stated, "they really loved your home." I know it's still early in the selling game, but that was more than welcomed news. We haven't got an offer yet, the realtor was uncertain if the couple would be making an offer or not. Please whoever you are...make an offer. Thanks.
And I apologize for the photo-less post. I've been sick in bed most of the week, so the camera has been collecting dust. Maybe I will wake up tomorrow and FINALLY be on the road to recovery.



No comments:
Post a Comment