So maybe it's the fact Santa and his 8 tiny reindeer are in arriving in just 13 days...but something has happened behavioral wise and I am not complaining...just, um SHOCKED!
For almost a year Harrison has been one of those children you don't want to sit buy while dining out (yes, that bad). In our attempts to take him shopping, went something like this...sit in the cart one minute, try to get out, let him out, he runs away---REPEAT. My shopping trips to Target were limited to half hour lunch breaks. Over the past 3 weeks I successfully took him grocery shopping, dining out 3 times (once alone with me) and a handful of trips to Target and a day trip to the mall. WHEW! I can't believe all of this! And really I don't shop this much (all the time), but I am really taking the advantage of being able to take him somewhere and not be a complete wreck at the end of an outing.
Overall at home behavior has improved too (and don't ask me why). He still has his moments with throwing things and biting, but that usually only occurs when he is over-tired and is rather predictable. Time outs continue to go well---ending each time out with a hug to mommy, daddy or if he was mean to Whitney Dog, he hugs her.
He has become very affectionate lately as well. We find him kissing his stuffed animals and instead of giving us one kiss, he gives multiple making a big smooching sound. It's an overload of cuteness, let me tell you.
On top of good behavior comes more talking. He uses the words stuck, all clean, oh no, owie all the time. He cooks us food from his kitchen and we have played the game Elefun more than I care to count. It's probably one of the best toddler games, but sometimes the Elephant has to hide to give us break!
Everyday Harrison is becoming more animated, we could just watch and listen to him for hours. This morning while getting ready to head down stairs Harrison looked up at me (as if he was asking) and said, "Da Da." I said, "Daddy is at work." A few moments later he looked up at me again (as if he was questioning) and said, "Santa." I guess someone is excited for the upcoming big day! We are pretty excited to instill our Christmas traditions in Harrison. We are looking forward to waking up Christmas morning in our own home with our family of 3. Two years ago we spent Christmas in the NICU---what a change and what a blessing this year. I think there is something with having children of your own that really gets you in the spirit for Christmas.
Speaking of Christmas...This post is supposed to be filled with photos from the holiday train that visited Winona on Sunday. Even though it was freezing cold, we all bundled up to get out and see the train. Harrison had fun riding on our shoulders and listening to the band perform from the train. Santa was even there! But getting back to the lack of photos---it's not the fact the I didn't take any, it's the fact the memory card went missing. On Sunday I had my last Christmas session and swapped the memory cards out (so I used a good one for my paying client) and between that session and today---I don't know what I did with memory card with Harrison's photos on it. I am bummed. I am really bummed. OK...I am really, really bummed. I tore apart the studio in search and with Harrison's room adjacent to the studio, I thought I could have put it on his dresser and thinking like a 2 year old---that card could be anywhere if that is the case. Well, if I ever find the memory card (even if it's two years from now) I will post some photos, it was a really fun time.
We also visited the Lacrosse rotary lights last night. They were AWESOME as always. This is the first year we walked the lights---that made them all the more cool. I did snap a few photos on our way through that I will share once I am done editing client Christmas sessions. I am not sure there are any of Harrison in that bunch---he was feelings less that photogenic and with the temperature reading FREEZING COLD out there right next to the river, I kind of don't blame him! Santa was also at the Rotary Lights. Harrison is okay with Santa from a far, but would prefer to keep him at a distance. Rudolph was there with the ginger bread cookie---Harrison wasn't a fan of either of them.
For almost a year Harrison has been one of those children you don't want to sit buy while dining out (yes, that bad). In our attempts to take him shopping, went something like this...sit in the cart one minute, try to get out, let him out, he runs away---REPEAT. My shopping trips to Target were limited to half hour lunch breaks. Over the past 3 weeks I successfully took him grocery shopping, dining out 3 times (once alone with me) and a handful of trips to Target and a day trip to the mall. WHEW! I can't believe all of this! And really I don't shop this much (all the time), but I am really taking the advantage of being able to take him somewhere and not be a complete wreck at the end of an outing.
Overall at home behavior has improved too (and don't ask me why). He still has his moments with throwing things and biting, but that usually only occurs when he is over-tired and is rather predictable. Time outs continue to go well---ending each time out with a hug to mommy, daddy or if he was mean to Whitney Dog, he hugs her.
He has become very affectionate lately as well. We find him kissing his stuffed animals and instead of giving us one kiss, he gives multiple making a big smooching sound. It's an overload of cuteness, let me tell you.
On top of good behavior comes more talking. He uses the words stuck, all clean, oh no, owie all the time. He cooks us food from his kitchen and we have played the game Elefun more than I care to count. It's probably one of the best toddler games, but sometimes the Elephant has to hide to give us break!
Everyday Harrison is becoming more animated, we could just watch and listen to him for hours. This morning while getting ready to head down stairs Harrison looked up at me (as if he was asking) and said, "Da Da." I said, "Daddy is at work." A few moments later he looked up at me again (as if he was questioning) and said, "Santa." I guess someone is excited for the upcoming big day! We are pretty excited to instill our Christmas traditions in Harrison. We are looking forward to waking up Christmas morning in our own home with our family of 3. Two years ago we spent Christmas in the NICU---what a change and what a blessing this year. I think there is something with having children of your own that really gets you in the spirit for Christmas.
Speaking of Christmas...This post is supposed to be filled with photos from the holiday train that visited Winona on Sunday. Even though it was freezing cold, we all bundled up to get out and see the train. Harrison had fun riding on our shoulders and listening to the band perform from the train. Santa was even there! But getting back to the lack of photos---it's not the fact the I didn't take any, it's the fact the memory card went missing. On Sunday I had my last Christmas session and swapped the memory cards out (so I used a good one for my paying client) and between that session and today---I don't know what I did with memory card with Harrison's photos on it. I am bummed. I am really bummed. OK...I am really, really bummed. I tore apart the studio in search and with Harrison's room adjacent to the studio, I thought I could have put it on his dresser and thinking like a 2 year old---that card could be anywhere if that is the case. Well, if I ever find the memory card (even if it's two years from now) I will post some photos, it was a really fun time.
We also visited the Lacrosse rotary lights last night. They were AWESOME as always. This is the first year we walked the lights---that made them all the more cool. I did snap a few photos on our way through that I will share once I am done editing client Christmas sessions. I am not sure there are any of Harrison in that bunch---he was feelings less that photogenic and with the temperature reading FREEZING COLD out there right next to the river, I kind of don't blame him! Santa was also at the Rotary Lights. Harrison is okay with Santa from a far, but would prefer to keep him at a distance. Rudolph was there with the ginger bread cookie---Harrison wasn't a fan of either of them.
So---this brings us to Santa photos 2011...
Are you looking for a photo?
Well....no matter how much you scroll this page, there isn't one.
Santa is coming to Walgreens this Saturday and we will see what we will get then...
I haven't got high hopes.



No comments:
Post a Comment