SLIDER

Frustration

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The title says sums this post up.

Despite the fun weekend away we----there has been a lot of frustration mingled in the past week and weekend. I am hoping we get answers on our Thursday's appt. with the immunologist. Harrison has been almost free for one month since his last ear infection (which is a welcoming relief), but whats not so welcoming is his ongoing congestion and horrible cough (it's been two weeks now). During our MOA trip on Sunday he ended up puking all over himself and his stroller during a cough attack. This innocent isn't a fluke---this happens regularly (and seem like it occurs especially when we are out in public).

I honestly feel that Harrison has missed out on a lot in life being so sick (and I know he won't remember these years, but this boy deserves to be healthy and happy). I hate seeing him cry and I hate feeling like I can't do anything to help. This is supposed to be a care-free childhood! I am beginning to think his birth and the complications to follow his prematurity were just little pebbles in the road and now we are hitting pot hole after pot hole.

I was pretty pessimistic until yesterday that the specialists would find anything wrong with him, but now I have a gut feeling that there is something more. I feel so torn... It's like we want to know what is causing him to be sick all the time, but at the same time you don't want find out it could be something more.

I went out a search tonight for immune system issues and found that Harrison fits this immune diagnose to a T. IgG Subclass Deficiency and Specific Antibody Deficiency (http://primaryimmune.org/about-primary-immunodeficiency-diseases/types-of-pidd/igg-subclass-deficiency-and-specific-antibody-deficiency) . The positive of this deficiency is that this condition can lessen with severity with age and there is a possibility he could out grow this as well.

Maybe I spend too much time looking for an answer... But we are so desperate for an answer.
This is our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger