Leaving your kid(s) for vacation...Why does this require more work? This is a title of a parenting blog entry I ran across while reading about preparing to leave your toddler for vacation.
Nothing is simple (that is for sure). And mom, I know you are reading this and it's not you, it's me...I want to make that clear! We completely trust Harrison in the hands of grandma while we bask in the sun of the Caribbean. After all... I turned out good....well alright at least!
But no matter what we do or how much we prepare for this departure...it's going to be difficult. 9 days...9 whole days without without our little boy. I am nervous about the daycare drop off on Friday (the day we leave)... I picture myself this emotional wreck mother who Doug will have to drag out of the daycare center and on to the plane. I would be lying if I didn't say I am afraid that I won't enjoy the trip in fear of homesickness for him. There is a whole heck of emotions that goes with this all. What happens if day 5 comes and I am consumed with missing him to the point I can't even enjoy the trip itself? Yep...I am probably spending WAY too much time worrying about anything, everything and the little things in between.
What did we worry about the 8 years before Harrison was born?
When it comes down it...Doug and I are making the right decision by taking time for ourselves and as a couple.
I took Thursday off work this week for a Harrison and Mommy day and the Monday upon our return home.
We leave in 6 days...Harrison's Instruction Manual was completed tonight, packing begins tomorrow and last minute shopping next week.



No comments:
Post a Comment