SLIDER

Audiology & ENT Appointment

Friday, July 8, 2011

Who is this well behaved child?

Certainly not mine after his behavior at his immunology appointment yesterday...

The appointments today were the complete opposite from yesterday. Harrison was a good little boy. This was a HUGE relief since I was on my own for his hearing test with the audiologist. Harrison even let the audiologist put listening devices in his ear canal and sat relatively good so that the devices could pick up tones in his ears.

The results were good, well actually better than good, they were great! This was the first hearing test Harrison passed to it's entirety since his tube placement back in December. The audiologist was please with the results as we were too.

I did speak further in detail about Harrison's language development with the audiologist. Harrison has the ability to hear all the important factors for developing speech. What maybe lagging is his ability to process those sounds into words themselves. If Harrison continues to lag in speech additional hearing tests can be done to help determine this processing, however these tests aren't done until the age of 3 or 4.

After the audiology appointment we headed to see the ENT doctor, Dr. Case. Dr. Case was pleased with Harrison's tube placement and the fact his ears have no fluid residing in the canals at this time. Currently Harrison has been ear infection free for 1 month (YEAH)! Ear infection free is a good start, but we also discussed Harrison being so congested, vomiting and draining all the time---in fact a solid month now. Dr. Case suggested that having Harrison's adenoids taken out might be the next line of defense to clear things up and we don't have this constant sickness. I went into detail with Dr. Case about the appt. with Dr. Mahr yesterday and the fact he has started singular. Dr. Case seemed please that we are working with Dr. Mahr. At this time we will continue to watch and wait approach.

Harrison will see Dr. Case next in December, unless he is victim to yet another ear infection. I told Dr. Case that maybe Harrison has already had his last ear infection and maybe he won't get anymore. I felt pretty confident in saying this. This is the first time in months and months I have been confident in much of anything when it comes to Harrison's health. I can't say Dr. Case gave me the look of agreeing, but at this point I am high from his  immunology appointment from yesterday...nobody can rain on my parade.

CHEERS to HOPE!

The next trip down to Gundersen is scheduled for July 29th with Harrison's primary doctor (Dr. Gerhard).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger