Improvement.
I've probably never been so scared in my entire life than I was on Wednesday walking into the Emergency Room. My drive there was a complete blur. I did a really good job holding myself together, it wasn't until early Thursday morning I really started to lose it or more like really lost it. I think the reality of our situation finally hit me and hit me hard.
About 12pm yesterday my worrisome symptoms began to subside. I saw my primary doctor at 2:30. I had my 3rd exam for the week. The exam concluded my cervix is closed with the exception of a small sliver of an opening which is typically seen in most women who have previously had a child. The most recent ultra sound results show the cervix completely closed. All good news. We don't know exactly why I ended up in this situation, but it's not because of my cervix, which led to Harrison's premature delivery. The doctor said, "Often times during pregnancy things happen that we can not explain why they happened."
I think I started to breathe again. The doctor liked the improvement, he said that is promising. It's our hope that we are over this hump. For the next several weeks I need to take it slow. I have permission to walk on flat surfaces again, but not for long distances. This also gives me permission to have messy house and not to give to damn about it.
I have my first appointment with the high risk specialist on May 9.
The best I can do right now is rest often laying on my left side and not to do too much, but this is much better being on complete bed rest...day time television is HORRIBLE.
Last night I slept...I slept like I have never slept before. I went to bed at 6 PM and am pretty sure I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. I woke up feeling like a million bucks.
Before I dropped of Harrison at daycare this morning I showed him the most recent ultra sound photos. To my amazement, he loved them. He wanted the entire row of photos unfolded and pointed to each photo and exclaimed, "baby," and baby got louder and sounded more excited as he pointed to the next photo. Talk about pulling at your heart strings.
I felt up to going to my hair appointment this morning that I scheduled before our horrific Wednesday. I finally took the plunge and cut off 5 inches. I guess something about pregnancy makes me want to chop off my hair, I did the same with Harrison.
Before I headed home I enjoyed Starbucks Strawberry and Creme and several mini frosted chocolate donuts. I went for healthy today.




Great update Amanda! So happy to hear things are finally looking up for you and little baby Bee :) Still sending prayers and positive thoughts and energy your way for these upcoming months to come!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that things are looking good. Phew! And yes, daytime TV is NO BUENO.
ReplyDelete