SLIDER

My new chair!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Harrison has a chair obsession---he loves playing (on) and pushing around chairs. I think if we let him, he would probably do it all day long.



After months of Doug and I debating which chair to get for him, we decided on this one.






It's pure entertainment watching him take everyone of his toys out of his bin and put them on the chair and then watch as he struggles to try to make it back up in the chair with the mound of toys. I guess he wants us to know these are "his" toys.




And look who is getting a little braver...


 Yes...he is clapping for himself walking--He gets so excited!

On top of Harrison taking more steps by himself, he also has said "da da" several times in the past week and has learned to push buttons deliberately---which included turning on and off his bedroom light from his crib and throwing a ball.

These last few weeks have been very challenging if I have to choose words to describe.

I actually considered taking a break from blogging for the fact it felt like I never had anything positive to report on.

It's a fact Harrison is sick and has been sick for well, several months. But this is real life (if you noticed the caption on the beginning photo) and I can't make our life more colorful than it really is---I tell it like it is.

Today while I was driving I reminded myself how lucky we are to have such a wonderful little boy---and these are just mere speed bumps in his (our) path of life. We don't have any control of what life hands us, we just do our best to deal with what we are dealt and embrace what good we do have.

Harrison is improving slowly and surely. He doesn't have much of a appetite, so we give him anything he will eat---yesterday is was peas. He continues on his antibiotic, inhaler and steroids. He hates the taste of the antibiotic and steroids. We have out smarted him for now putting the antibiotic in yogurt and the steroid in apple sauce. We considered discontinuing the steroids because they can effect the mood--causing extreme crabbiness. But at this time, his breathing hasn't improved enough to stop the steroids, maybe tomorrow. He follows up with his primary doctor on Friday morning.

Tomorrow the plan is sending Harrison back to daycare---the fate of that will be officially decided in the morning.

It may be a long night again tonight---so I am off to bed. Night!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger