SLIDER

Tomorrow.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

If your looking for an up beat post full of pictures...this isn't one, in fact it's completely the opposite.

As I type this entry tears stream down my face.  Tomorrow. Tomorrow I end this 12 week dream I have been living and face the reality of returning to work. It's supposed to be easier the second time around...at least you would think that right?

How is he almost 3 months old? He was just 4 days old yesterday...



I would lie if I don't wish everyday I could quit my job and stay home with my kids. I know life isn't fair, but that doesn't change me from wishing it was. I am so blessed to have these two beautiful boys, so I should just suck it up, I know...but it's like I can't. I'm sad, but I am guessing I didn't have to tell you that.

I sometimes wish my biggest decisions of the day consisted of what cartoon to watch and how to get out of nap time. My three year old has it good.

The way money controls this world, sucks. I remember my early college years surviving on some $400 a month. Fast forward 10 years and that doesn't even leave a dent in anything these days. Truth is though...money can not buy happiness.

I am staring at my work bag and pump by the door, so I'll be back in the office physically tomorrow, but the reality is emotionally I won't really be there.

I cried for weeks when I returned to work with Harrison. I couldn't even handle someone asking me about him or how I was doing at work since returning without bursting into tears. Someone should write a manual about how to effectively go back to work after maternity leave. I'm sure it would be a New York Times Best Seller.

Most people don't like making decisions. I am one of them. The decision to return to work was easy though because I really didn't have that choice. I know staying at home with the two boys what I would be in for. I 've had 12 weeks of practice and not everyday was filled with rainbows and puppy dogs, but we got through it. Before I started maternity leave I questioned my ability to stay home and if I could do it...Now I know I could, so I think that makes the punch a little harder.

I want this to be easier, oh how I tried to prepare myself for tomorrow, but now that it's actually here I have realized, you can't prepare yourself for this, it's going to suck period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger