3 Months, January 13
3 months ago we stopped sleeping through the night, sleeping in became a thing of the past, we regularly smell of baby vomit and poop, our house is less than organized and I wouldn't have it any other way.
It hasn't taken me 3 months to realize that I want to do this again. I knew from the moment we came home from the hospital with Miles just the same feeling I had with Harrison. I can't imagine not doing this again. Our family isn't complete, not yet anyways. Doug on the other hand may take some convincing :).Watching how fast they grow and change and develop their personalities is just simply amazing. We are so, so blessed to have these children.
Oh, how he has changed so much already.
3 Months---
Sleep: Improving that last 3 days. Sleep a 6 hour stretch and 7 hour stretch two nights in row. Really, that felt like best birthday, Mother's Day, & Christmas present all wrapped into one. Since he is developing a regular (clock work) feeding schedule sleep is becoming more predictable. This will only hopefully improve as he reaches the 4 month marker (in which percentage of babies start sleeping through the night regularly). I know from experience sleep will be a roller coaster. His big brother is 3 and still doesn't always sleep through the night, so we know what we are in for.
Feeding: Weighs in at a solid 12lbs (he had to be weighed yesterday for his Tamiflu dosage). This means he doesn't have a problem guzzling down 4-5, 4 ounce bottles a day and nursing 2-3 times a day. Since I went back having to keep to a schedule has been a benefit. I make it a point to pump at least 2 times during the work day. Hopefully when I start making my home visits again I will be just as diligent as I even mapped out time in the day to pump. With this schedule I am on I pump up to 5-6 times a day if I don't nurse at all. In actuality Miles wouldn't need to be supplemented at all as I am producing enough to keep up with his demands. However I am still supplementing 1-2 bottles of formula per day as I want him to be able to consume breast milk for as long as he can so I am stretching it out making it last longer.
Personality: Lots of smiles, lots of coos (so vocal, I love this)! He's pretty easy to please as long as you don't ask him to do tummy time without a boppy pillow, put him in his car seat and you spend at least an hour an evening walking around with him. The baby Bjorn baby carrier has become a very loved item. He really enjoys hanging out on the floor kicking his legs and occasionally the swing. We have the exersaucer in storage, though his legs won't touch the floor for quite a while, I think I'll Doug bring it home since he has such good head control already and he hasn't rolled over yet, but that's just around the corner.
Appearance/Size: He seems so big. I swear they grow faster the second time around. He wear a nice double chin, hand dimples, chubby feet and toes and several thigh rolls well. You can no where physically he made his debut 5 weeks early. In fact he is fastly out growing all of his 0-3 month clothing. Where is my baby going? Pause please. His eyes are getting brighter blue everyday, I am certain he will be keeping those baby blues. Miles has had a nice mullet (hair) since birth and tons more hair than his big brother ever did. However in the past couple of weeks his hair is becoming a little sparser but his mullet seems to be holding on.
Milestones this month:
-Mommy returning to work
-Sleeping through the night
-Having his first cold
What I am looking forward this month:
-First giggles
-More restful nights
-A week of vacation
Three Months.
Ok-- Mom, I'm done.









No comments:
Post a Comment