SLIDER

Sun, Sand & Water

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The temperatures here soared in the 80s, 90s, and 100s.  We stayed cool over the weekend by taking our first trip of the year to the beach. Harrison wasn't quite sure if he liked it or not. He isn't a fan of sand on his feet (which can be typical for his age). After about 20 minutes we coaxed him into the water...



This next photo is super blurry... I was way off focus, but his cute expression totally makes up for this.

 Yes, as gross as the water looked...still didn't detour Harrison from trying to drink it. Yes, seriously, I wouldn't make that up. But I guess it's not really worse than when he picked up dog poop the other day and handed it to me. So maybe that didn't put the best image in your mind, but hey, I tell it like it is. And... If you can remember, I dealt with the cat poop incident too. Daddy better something coming.
Sand was Harrison's favorite of the day...it's ok on his hands, just not his tootsies.
 Wet, smelly and dirty--- practically a boy's dream. I believe in messiness!

After our afternoon at the beach Harrison now has a pair of water shoes for our next trip there. He loves them. This morning he picked up his new shoes and signed "please" to daddy to put them on. This evening he took them back out of the bin and brought them to me and sat down nicely waiting for to put them on and signed "thank you" after I got them on. Later tonight he even wanted me to put them on over his pajamas. I will have to get a picture of these "awesome" shoes. They are nothing more than $14 Speedo shoes from Target, but apparently they are much better than that according to Harrison.

I love how the simple things in life are the best things. Sometimes you need a child to remind you that life is much more than a chaotic day at work, paying bills, trying to figure out what's for dinner, cleaning the house, rushing here, rushing there... Life is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger