SLIDER

Our Baby is a Peach! (Week 13)

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This week we enter the second trimester (what a relief!). There is a lot controversy over the start of this trimester. Half the information I read says the second trimester begins at week 13 and the other half of the information states that the second semester doesn't actually begin until week 14...We are going to settle at 13 1/2 weeks.

The baby's growth this week resembles this peach! :) The vocal cords take formation during week 13 as well as the intestines have begun moving from the umbilical cord to the abdomen. From this week on the baby will grow at a faster rate and the rest of the world will soon take notice we are expecting.

Baby Bump Update: We decided to break the news to the rest of the world that we are expecting (via Facebook). I have also began to tell some of consumers that there will be an addition to our family in February. The greatest response I have received is, "You don't even look pregnant!" I'll take that as a compliment for now... There will be plenty of months I'll be waddling around like a penguin!

In other news... I will not be switching jobs after all---which is a tremendous relief. Instead I will be officially obtaining "full time" status within the next couple of months. I am going to soon have to kiss my Friday day offs goodbye.

This past weekend we also visited Wisconsin dells and basked in the sun while on the river. We took a fun trip to the cities to visit our friends Jenna and Ryan who just became parents themselves for the first time the last week in July. I couldn't get over the fact of how tiny new babies are! It will be great to have some advice from them in the coming months.

3 comments:

  1. You are going to be soooo cute with a bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can't believe that my best friend from first grade is pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. second trimester! so exciting! it'll be crazy how fast it starts going now!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger