SLIDER

It's a boy...?!?!?!?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009


This week (week 12---and the last official week of the first trimester) we decided it might be fun to take the IntelliGender Test. The test is the first at home gender test predictor. IntelliGender has been proven to be 90% effective in laboratory test and 82% effective in the general population. The instructions for the test are rather lengthy and require precise timing---so when I woke Doug up before leaving for work on Monday morning I told him the IntelliGender results pointed us towards a boy. Doug's reply was..."I had a dream last night you took the test." So I asked, "What were the results?" He said, "I don't know because you screwed up taking the test!" Thanks for the credit Hun, I figured it out! The boy result was no surprise for Doug---he has been telling me for weeks that it's a boy. It will be fun to find out the exact gender in September.
_____________________________
Growth this week has reached plum sized! Hormones are starting to be produced by the pituitary gland---so our little boy (or girl) will have babies of his (her) own someday...It's amazing this is already happening in the first 3 months of life. The bone marrow is also making white blood cells (to keep baby healthy) and the digestive tract is having contractions (and producing hiccups) to help the baby be able to eat.
____________________________
Baby "BUMP" update: I can't officially say that I have a baby bump quite yet...it actually depends on what I have eaten or how much I feel like a hot air balloon (baby bloat)! Otherwise I continue to feel pretty good---despite a day here or there. Overall--I would like to think I escaped morning sickness (at least the worst of it). Pregnancy has been a journey thus far and we can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings us.
________________________________
On a financial note...I read on yahoo news today that it costs an estimated $221,000 to raise a child to the age of 17...really, that's it?!?! I thought we would have to break into our savings :).
_______________________________
We have our second official appointment on Friday (August 7th). I will update the blog with appointment news.
_______________________________
Today I had my 3rd and FINAL interview for Manager's position...We are in the process of negotiating and finalizing future options...I should know more by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger