Last Saturday we celebrated Harrison's 2nd birthday with friends and family. It was about half the crowd as last year---allowing us to have it at our home this year, which contributed to Harrison's AWESOME mood (kids just do better in their own environment). We can't believe how well he did.
Celebrating turning two was relaxing, we didn't have the chaos of worrying if something didn't go right. I stressed out in preparation for his first birthday WAY too much trying to make his day perfect, such a different story this year.
I also took time this year to take some photos of the details---something I wish I would have done last year.
Celebrating turning two was relaxing, we didn't have the chaos of worrying if something didn't go right. I stressed out in preparation for his first birthday WAY too much trying to make his day perfect, such a different story this year.
I also took time this year to take some photos of the details---something I wish I would have done last year.
The flame cupcakes---LOVE.
Food---perhaps the most important part. Puppy chow and fruit kabobs--toddler foods of choice of coarse.
Yummy birthday cake---but not really the design I ordered, it was supposed to be a fire truck, but flames it is.
A quick family portrait.
He decided to feed the cake to daddy before blowing out the candles.
My absolute favorite shot from the day.
Madden---Harrison's NICU neighbor all grown up too!
Harrison's cousin Cecilia being silly!
Meet William, this handsome boy is our neighbor across the street---he will be two in March.
These awesome CARS pjs caught the attention of everybody.
Showing the over-crowd at our home---which only confirms we have out grown our space (or really our floor plan)
Here is Quinn--another NICU neighbor to Harrison. I am glad we stay in contact with a couple of families that we spent so many days with...we all wanted the same thing---to bring our little boys home.

After presents Harrison sat on my lap and looked around the room and I asked him to thank everyone for all of his new gifts...Clear as day he said, "thank you." This made my day. I take pride in two words he using most frequently, "please" and "thank you."
Apparently the Elmo fireman card was a hit!
Thank you to all our friends/family that came, you really made this day special.
Lastly---here is Auntie Potter. We have to thank her for making all the party decorations and what an awesome job she did. Make sure you scroll back up and take another look at the banner, cupcake holders and other decorations---all created by Auntie. Thank You, Thank You! Your pieces of art were definitely a hit! I only wish I could convince Harrison to pose with the banner on my backdrop---I spent more than hour creating the setting and I can't even get him to go near it, not even with cupcake (sadness for Mommy).
Auntie Potter & Harrison
(Oh and blame daddy for changing the camera setting making this photo yellow---with editing, it's the same result, so I give up---but too cute not to share, just bothers me as Doug tells me I am just too picky :)
(Oh and blame daddy for changing the camera setting making this photo yellow---with editing, it's the same result, so I give up---but too cute not to share, just bothers me as Doug tells me I am just too picky :)
We will have a 2 year old in 5 short days.



























No comments:
Post a Comment