SLIDER

Dear Harrison

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dear Harrison,



One year ago today you were born and there isn’t one day that doesn’t go by that I don’t thank God for having you in my life. You are my son, my miracle.


I thought I was living life until you became a part of our world. There was so much I was missing…Your smiles, cuddles and giggles make life so much more meaningful. If only I could put together words that could express my love for you I would. You have shown me that you are strong from day one fighting hard for 52 days before we could bring you home. The day you came home was the first time I ever got to hold you without a tube or a wire---this was one of the most amazing feelings I have ever felt. During those days in the NICU, you taught me how to become a mommy---maybe it’s not the way most mommies learn, but I wouldn’t change anything. Everything I and daddy went through was such a small price to pay to have you in our lives.


So much has changed since bringing you home as a tiny 8 week, 5 lbs 11 ounce baby. You went from sleeping as much as your lazy kitty brothers to now, as active as your big sister Whitney Dog. If someone would have told me one year ago today you would be where you are today---I would not have believed them for one minute. YOU ARE SO AMAZING! I often lie in bed in the early mornings and listen to you babble contently in your crib. I wonder what you are thinking about or dreaming about becoming. My only dream for is for you to be healthy and happy in life and to ALWAYS remember that everyday holds a possibility of a miracle.


Harrison, I want to thank you for everything you have done for me---I am better person for having you part of my life. You have taught me not to fret over the little (or even big) things…work, chores, cleaning, money---they all can wait, you only live once, enjoy EVERY moment, the other things will work themselves out.


As much as it saddens me you’re growing up much too fast---I am excited to see you on your first day of kindergarten, high school graduation, getting married and one day becoming an incredible father, just like your daddy.


I love you to the moon and back.






Love,


Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger