SLIDER

Bubble

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Someone please put this child in a bubble...


After several days of being sick yet again, Harrison has arrived at ear infection #5. On Monday evening he ran a fever and was up several times during the night. Tuesday I got a call letting me know he had spiked yet another fever. I arrived to pick him up at daycare and I could hear his wails as I was walking down the hall towards the infant room. He cried, and cried, and cried all the way to urgent care. We waited what seemed like forever in the waiting area. When we finally got a room to be seen Harrison was getting even crabbier...but thank goodness we could close the door behind us and I didn't have to worry about Harrison's screaming scaring all the other children.


Silence, Harrison falls asleep. Just then the doctor arrived in the room. The doctor listens to his lungs and checks his ears without a peep made by Harrison, he is still sleeping like a baby. An ear infection is immediately diagnosed. I informed the doctor this is Harrison's fifth ear infection since late May. The doctor looked up at me and said---"Why have they not discussed tubes for his ears?" I said well, I bought it up at the last two ear infections and his primary physician said that he needs to have a minimum of six before he can be referred to a Ears, Nose and Throat doctor (ENT). The doctor looked at me and said---a minimum of three and I would have referred him especially with this many re-occurring infections in less than 6 months. The doctor suggested that I discuss this with his primary physician at his well baby check-up on Friday. (We plan on this---and we will not leave the appointment without a referral).


We left the appointment with a prescription for a high dose of antibiotics and ear numbing drops.


Immediately following the appointed I headed to Walgreens and we WAITED and WAITED and WAITED in line to get our prescription, only to find out it would be another 15-20 minutes...so I decided to go get some dinner and come back and pick it up. I arrived at Taco Johns and WAITED and WAITED and WAITED only to arrive back  at Walgreens to WAIT and WAIT, only to find out they are out of the ear numbing drops. :( Ok---daddy you are probably not happy but this mommy was not satisfied with her service at Walgreens last night.


Where was daddy during all this chaos? Home sick.  Maybe I should have titled this post, put mommy in a bubble---someone needs to stay healthy here to keep this family going.


Today Harrison is doing a little better, running a bit of low grade temperature yet...and still not up to par to go back to daycare. Daddy and Harrison slept most of the morning while I went in early to work to get some much needed work done. I came home early this afternoon--now both boys are sleeping.

It's exausting being sick for both Harrison and us... Harrison will refuse to sit, stand, crawl and feed himself when he is sick.
 

He feeling better by Saturday...that's his day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger