SLIDER

Going Wireless!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Harrison said goodbye to his oxygen yesterday!

I had arrived at the NICU yesterday and the nurse said they were in the process of switching Harrison to regular, wall oxygen. That is one liter of 21% O2 which is what you and I breathe. At this point I was absolutely ecstatic! After the switch was complete (which takes several minutes)--respiratory noticed that he was maintaining his O2 level just fine without any assistance. They decided we should bottle feed him and see how he maintains his levels... I have to admit, this made me very nervous, but he did very well and I (we) couldn't be prouder! He is so amazing!

For the first time since birth--- Harrison only has vital leads and a feeding tube. We are hoping that we will continue losing wires and maintaining our levels without them.

A care conference is scheduled for early this afternoon...I am hoping we will talk about a realistic "go home" date.

Again, we want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers---we believe they are being heard or Harrison wouldn't be where he is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger