SLIDER

Let the light in!

Friday, March 21, 2014



We are starting to see a light shine at the end of this tunnel of terror we have been living in for months.

Doug accepted a job offer on Wednesday. Breathe. He is the new store manager of Tire Pros (formally Tire Plus).

During the coarse of his unemployment we talked a lot about him getting out of retail & management and doing something completely different. When Doug was at Walgreens every holiday was such a strain on our family, he was stressed a lot with lack of budget to properly staff his store and worked so many hours to make up for the lack of budgeting and was his job to do every single job there if something didn't get done. Little by little it was more work without compensation.

So...he is retail/management again? Yes.
However this time it is very, very different. He'll never work another holiday or another Sunday. He won't be working 70 hour a weeks anymore. And not to forget to include it's complete change from a drug store to automotive repair.

Today is his second day on the job. He's excited about his future with this company. He really deserves to be happy and our family deserves to feel safe.

With this all said, we are half way there to a new normal. In the past two weeks I have applied for as many open positions as I have ever applied for combined in my entire life. Only one position I applied for is social work, most other are receptionist positions. I'm still not sure I'm ready to return the field of Social Work. I struggled a lot with what happened between my former employer and I. It's not the field of social work I struggle with; it's the fact that social work was role I was in when this happened to me. There is a lot of fear and pain I have experienced from this whole ordeal. As much as I wish I could blog more about this...what I can say is I know the law, I know my rights; I have a supportive family and I am FIGHTING this.

We want to thank everyone who has been praying for us and has been so supportive during our hardship. We are beyond excited to be on our way out of this tunnel.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger