One year? Goodness...
Pinch me...
OUCH!
How is this guy a year old already? I know I have done an official one year post and a birthday party post below...But I still can't seem to shake myself enough to convince me that he's already a 1 year old.
The day before his birthday party was his 1 year well check appointment. He passed the traditional screening for 1 year skills and abilities. He isn't really babbling much and doesn't say "ma, ma" or "da da" regularly but this isn't a concern we have...Harrison didn't talk until he was nearly 3... We are more relaxed having gone through it with Harrison and even though Miles weighed over 6 lbs at birth he is still considered premature at 35 weeks...so really we have an 11 month old.
Here are the stats:
Weight: 22 lbs 3 ounces--50 percentile (3 lbs more than Harrison was at his 1 year well check).
Height: 29.5 inches long--15th percentile (yeah he is on the growth chart). (2.5 inches taller than Harrison was at his 1 year well check).
I don't really keep track of head size---but it measured in the 50th percentile.
Other than getting his stats, listening to his heart, lungs and looking at his ears and overall...His appointment was pretty uneventful minus getting 5 immunizations and getting his blood drawn (which they missed the vein the first time)---he was poked 7 times. It was definitely a rough morning for the guy. I rewarded him with football themed plug (pacifier)---in which they encouraged us to start weaning... I still think 1 is too early, but I guess that's just me.
All in all the transition to one has been typical. It's so different raising a less preterm baby. In two weeks Harrison will be evaluated by the follow me NICU program for the last time. By the age of 4 it is expected he should be at the level of his peers. I have no doubt he will blow the evaluation out of the park.
I'll leave you with another peek at sweetness for the night.
Pinch me...
OUCH!
How is this guy a year old already? I know I have done an official one year post and a birthday party post below...But I still can't seem to shake myself enough to convince me that he's already a 1 year old.
The day before his birthday party was his 1 year well check appointment. He passed the traditional screening for 1 year skills and abilities. He isn't really babbling much and doesn't say "ma, ma" or "da da" regularly but this isn't a concern we have...Harrison didn't talk until he was nearly 3... We are more relaxed having gone through it with Harrison and even though Miles weighed over 6 lbs at birth he is still considered premature at 35 weeks...so really we have an 11 month old.
Here are the stats:
Weight: 22 lbs 3 ounces--50 percentile (3 lbs more than Harrison was at his 1 year well check).
Height: 29.5 inches long--15th percentile (yeah he is on the growth chart). (2.5 inches taller than Harrison was at his 1 year well check).
I don't really keep track of head size---but it measured in the 50th percentile.
Other than getting his stats, listening to his heart, lungs and looking at his ears and overall...His appointment was pretty uneventful minus getting 5 immunizations and getting his blood drawn (which they missed the vein the first time)---he was poked 7 times. It was definitely a rough morning for the guy. I rewarded him with football themed plug (pacifier)---in which they encouraged us to start weaning... I still think 1 is too early, but I guess that's just me.
All in all the transition to one has been typical. It's so different raising a less preterm baby. In two weeks Harrison will be evaluated by the follow me NICU program for the last time. By the age of 4 it is expected he should be at the level of his peers. I have no doubt he will blow the evaluation out of the park.
I'll leave you with another peek at sweetness for the night.
I LOVE his hair. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment