So are you tired of reading about sickness? Believe me I am tired of typing about it. I am so done with winter---all the coughs, fevers and sleepless nights that go with it. However with mother nature dumping another 6 inches of the white fluffy stuff last night...it's like the tunnel that just got darker.
Miles has been sick ever since his vaccinations one week ago. I'm not one of those people who blame vaccinations for everything, in fact I'm not blaming them at all. Saturday/Sunday following Friday's well check Miles ran fevers around 100, which is and can be common following vaccinations. His appetite (for a boy that can certainly eat) starting weaning Sunday. Monday the cough started, Tuesday I took him to urgent care and that evening the low grade fever returned. I got the spiel from the doctor, "it's just a virus." I think it's funny how doctors treat parents like they have never had a sick child before. God knows I think we went through everything with Harrison...I don't bring my child to the doctor unless I really have a red flag.
Doug brought Miles to daycare for a few hours Wednesday. Wednesday evening his symptoms got worse. Thursday we kept him home. His fevers have been clustering in the evening at at night for the last 2 days. He continues to cough so hard he vomits (twice in the middle of the night last night). We put a call into his regular doctor yesterday as there have been several confirmed cases of RSV in his infant room at daycare. Just as we thought, the doctor doesn't feel a need to test for RSV---because it's a virus that can't be treated by any antibiotics.
The order is to continue to watch him too see if we notice any respiratory distress/turning blue to bring him in. That certainly makes me feel at ease...not.
Seems so unfair, especially at just 4 months old. There are no treatments besides the saline spray and Tylenol we have been using. He continues to eat very little. The only time he will eat a little more is through nursing. If I wasn't nursing this time around I don't know if he would be eating anything at all.
I'm home with him again today. He's catching some rest this afternoon, I'm hoping to catch come zzzs too.
Miles has been sick ever since his vaccinations one week ago. I'm not one of those people who blame vaccinations for everything, in fact I'm not blaming them at all. Saturday/Sunday following Friday's well check Miles ran fevers around 100, which is and can be common following vaccinations. His appetite (for a boy that can certainly eat) starting weaning Sunday. Monday the cough started, Tuesday I took him to urgent care and that evening the low grade fever returned. I got the spiel from the doctor, "it's just a virus." I think it's funny how doctors treat parents like they have never had a sick child before. God knows I think we went through everything with Harrison...I don't bring my child to the doctor unless I really have a red flag.
Doug brought Miles to daycare for a few hours Wednesday. Wednesday evening his symptoms got worse. Thursday we kept him home. His fevers have been clustering in the evening at at night for the last 2 days. He continues to cough so hard he vomits (twice in the middle of the night last night). We put a call into his regular doctor yesterday as there have been several confirmed cases of RSV in his infant room at daycare. Just as we thought, the doctor doesn't feel a need to test for RSV---because it's a virus that can't be treated by any antibiotics.
The order is to continue to watch him too see if we notice any respiratory distress/turning blue to bring him in. That certainly makes me feel at ease...not.
Seems so unfair, especially at just 4 months old. There are no treatments besides the saline spray and Tylenol we have been using. He continues to eat very little. The only time he will eat a little more is through nursing. If I wasn't nursing this time around I don't know if he would be eating anything at all.
I'm home with him again today. He's catching some rest this afternoon, I'm hoping to catch come zzzs too.




No comments:
Post a Comment