Today we had our monthly appointment with the our doctor. Only good news to report on Harrison's end. Our doctor had a student with him today and finding his heart beat wasn't a challenge as it usually is. As soon as the doppler hit my belly we heard the whooshing/thumping of his heart (150 beats/minute). My blood pressure was good and Harrison is measuring in at normal 26 week size (for all of you that say I hardly look pregnant---he is your average size baby). For the appointment we had to arrive early at the lab so that I could start the glucose test (checking for gestational diabetes). The test itself was not bad...nothing more than drinking a bottle of Kool Aid. I expected it to be a sugar high (as I suppose it was), but it didn't taste like anything more than your average Kool-Aid. Now, let's just hope we pass!
In other news...Over the last few weeks we started looking into daycare options. Our heart was set on a church day care...but the only problem was over the last three weeks we haven't heard anything from the facility. I had left countless messages for the child care director, sent e-mails, left two hand written notes with the receptionist. Doug went as far as actually going to the daycare, leaving our cell phone numbers and home number, still no word. I know what you are thinking--we probably should have gave up, but we heard such good things about the daycare, we kept in on our list. Well...believe it or not after 3 weeks I received a phone call today from the child care director. When she called she introduced herself and me, trying not to be rude said, "it's been over three weeks we have been leaving messages for you to call us." Her explanation was that she was "looking into whether or not they had openings." So---you can imagine my fury when it has taken her 3 weeks to look into whether they will have openings or not...a simple phone call in between letting us know that she got one of our messages and she was looking to whether or not they can take an infant. After all of this saga...they don't have any openings...The director asked us if we would be interested in keeping our name on the waiting list. I simply replied, "no." What was this lady thinking...after 3 weeks of not simply returning a phone call, no apology and now your asking us to be on a wait list? I think we have waited long enough (though I didn't not say that). I tried to keep myself as composed as I could---I suppose I could blame it on the hormones, but I was really heated after getting off the phone with her. It took everything I had not blow up at this lady---I had to keep reminding myself this was church facility.
The search for a daycare continues...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger



No comments:
Post a Comment