SLIDER

Halloween 2014: Super Heroes

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

 BOO!

I think Halloween is equally fun as an adult as it was when I was a kid. This is my 30th Halloween this year. I have spent many Halloweens trick or treating (from a clown, to a witch to a cow to and old lady), several celebrating with a drink in hand in not wearing enough clothing and now I spend Halloween trick or treating as a parent and keeping inventory on Reeses Peanut Butter cups.

I have always, always wanted to know why this holiday couldn't be moved to July? These costumes are definitely made for a warmer climate and we are keeping are kids up WAY too late on a school night and the next morning is sugar hangover. Thankfully, Halloween falls on Friday this year.

This year Harrison wanted to be a Ninja Turtle, Leonardo to be precise. We do have a Leonardo costume we bought on clearance last year, but it's sized 7/8 and he still drowns in it, so next year it is. Luckily we also swiped a Captain America and Spiderman costume last year on clearance as well. The total cost of the costumes was less than $12. I'll definitely be stalking the Halloween aisle at Target (as if I need another excuse to go there :).

I snagged some pictures of the boys outside this evening since tomorrow is forecasted rain all day and Halloween Day they will be dressed like a marshmallows getting to as many houses as they can before the frostbite takes hold.

Spider man!







Captain America!

There maybe a few less images of this guy.... But I am still stunned he let me get any keepers! He wasn't a fan of the hat. I'm glad pretending to eat leaves and rocks cracked a little smile.






And.... How cute are these personalized candy buckets? They even light up. WAY, WAY cooler than the glow stick we had as kids. The boys love them. Auntie Potter totally hit the nail on the head with these. I can't wait to see how much attention they draw on Friday night!


I was just about to put my camera away, but then this happened... And yes, they are holding hands.


Superheroes need to stay fit.








 Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger