SLIDER

I'm Jealous!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009



Where do I start? These last two weeks have been incredibly busy!!!! You better get the cold beverage and popcorn for blog update---it's practically a novel...


Our "babymoon" was wonderful (after we got through Doug's ER visits, just two days before we set sail)---but time surely flew by and I have been back at work now for almost a week already--yuck! Anyways---the time taken off was well deserved and enjoyed. I entitled this blog "I'm Jealous" because of what our unborn baby has experienced in just 18 weeks of life...an air plane ride, a cruise, buffet eating, jet skiing, climbing a volcano and the list is nearly endless. It took me more than twenty years to even get in a plane---let alone cruise in the Caribbean. We also survived the crazy drivers and people who inhabit these islands. P.S.--be sure to ask me in person about the island of Antigua and what I thought about vendors---(long story)! Oh--before I forget we also bought a tiny tee and bib from Barbados for he/she to sport next summer.


In other news---Doug will be officially taking over the Winona Walgreen's store starting in October (yeah). We (mostly I) have been waiting a long time for this! I too will be working 5 days a week opposed to the 4 I work now beginning in November. At this point I will be leaving the nursing home. With our schedule changes--we will finally have a weekend off together more than every six weeks--- I hope we are ready for some quality time together! :) (We'll see how this goes...)


Now you are probably wondering about our baby world...I apologize the posted pictures this week don't really reveal a true baby bump. We took several pictures on the beach with our water camera and either the sun or a finger got in the way--so what you see is what you get! I haven't seen a huge change in the last couple of weeks as far as size---but I am definitely feeling more pregnant every day. I think I may just have the best posture of anyone you know...I was always a sloucher before this pregnancy---but I quickly learning that it's practically impossible to breathe hunched over. Other things I have noticed is my stomach muscles like to harden (like a rock) several times a day and then relax---it's a weird sensation. Speaking of sensations--I felt the first tiny kicks last night while working a way on the lap top. I got a funny little feeling to the left of my belly button and I looked down to my amazement and witnessed a poking--to be exact two pokes in a row! :)


We welcome a cantaloupe this week. Today marks week 18 of pregnancy---with each week only growing more eventful. I haven't slept much this week--so you can just imagine what hormone hell Doug must be enduring (but then again--he was part baby making process). I have been experiencing some back pain that is quite unexplainable---or hard to describe, but all I know is that it's sure to wake me up mid-night. If I get up and walk around for ten minutes or so---I can usually relieve the discomfort. If I am not getting up to stretch my back---it's the 2:15 am potty run. Oh well---it's all the joys of pregnancy...right?
Friday is the big day!---Yes, the scheduled ultrasound to hopefully (fingers crossed) to determine the baby's sex. We are hoping he or she is cooperative during Friday's morning appointment. I promise to post the results and we will reveal the our name as well.
I am sure I forgot some details--I'll be sure to include them on Friday's post---that's practically only a day away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger